You are looking for an internship, you want to learn more about Data, and you want to have a first taste of the banking sector? We would be more than happy to welcome you.
Within the Data Department, we are looking for several motivated & proactive students. You want to know more about gathering and analysis data, about solution design and Data modeling, capturing, feeding, enhancing, reporting, visualization? We will give you the opportunity to test and develop your skills serving several of our internal customers to support fact based decision-making as well as improve business actions, throughout the whole Bank.
What do we do?
As part of the Data department, the Data Hub tribe is working closely with all the other departments of the Bank. Here are some topics we are responsible of :
- providing business intelligence reporting and analysis a for all the bank’s business lines
- setting up data pipelines (ETL/ELT) to capture, store, transform, prepare data from golden sources
- providing prepared and well designed – Enterprise Data Model (EDM) compliant – data stores to be consumed by eg API’s, reportings, analytics.
- providing state of the art data management guaranteeing compliant, secured, well documented and governed data assets, tools and platforms
Your future internship
As a Data Engineer Intern, you will be integrated in a small team providing Data solutions for a specific business of the Bank. A buddy will follow you and necessary coaching and/or trainings will be given in function of your specific project and needs. You will contribute to the actual delivery of the team in preparing and making data available in a safe and secure manner for multiple purposes : reporting, analytics visualization, API. You focus on the functional design of the solutions. You elaborate and document the chosen solution, translate the functional requirements in technical requirements. You follow up the development and testing to ensure coherence between the functional specifications and the developed solution. You work closely with developers to build strong business solutions. You showcase the ‘product’ to the customer and collect feedback.
Highlight your strengths
- You are pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in (commercial) engineering, computer science, or information engineering.
- You are not afraid to work in English and preferably speak fluently one of the following languages: French or Dutch.
- You have a strong interest for Data solutions and Data Management.
- You are a team player, you like sharing your knowledge, you learn and adapt fast. You are open to give and receive constructive feedback and inspire accordingly. You don’t hesitate to contribute to cross-functional projects, outside of the boundaries of your primary role. You can manage your time efficiently and set up priorities.
What's in it for me ?
- A unique opportunity to gain first professional experience
- New professional and personal skills.
- A glittering line on your CV.
- The banking world seen from the inside.
A meaningful internship with a range of exciting tasks.
Tempted by the challenge?
Are you the trainee we are looking for? Don't hesitate, apply online!
We will make an initial selection on the basis of your CV and cover lette