At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the design, development, modification, testing, adaption, and/or implementation and post implementation support of short- and long-term software solutions to business and technology needs. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment on highly complex issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Design, implement, automate and maintain large scale enterprise ETL processes.
- Evaluate the integration of various data sources including Oracle, SQL Server, VSAM and sequential files into staging area and recommend efficiencies.
- Responsible for Enterprise level ETL development and architecture using Informatica and Oracle.
- Develop ETL processes. Work on Informatica Designer Components including Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager.
- Perform data analysis, data mapping, data loading and data validation.
- Support other ETL Developers with troubleshooting and technical assistance.
- Develop system requirements and business processes; code, test, debug and implement software solutions. Develop recommendations on process improvements.
- Make recommendations on software design requirements.
- Ensure that systems are monitored to increase efficiency.
- Participate the development of software policies, standards and procedures.
- Draft test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and Technology strategy.
- Monitor system tests and documents all issues
Other Job Duties
- Implement/deploy software upgrade to various environments and support post implementation.
- Mentor Associate Engineers.
- Manage tasks of a small team of engineers and their delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Strong background in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Experience with Informatica, including Informatica Power Center Components 9.x, Informatica Data Services (IDS), Informatica Analyst and Informatica Developer
- Expert knowledge of RDMS including logical and physical data modeling best practices
- Data mapping and data analysis experience
- Programming ability with PL/SQL, Unix/shell scripting or Python
- Exposure to IDQ is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Technology