At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for branch sales and portfolio growth efforts related to Bank's various financial products to prospective customers. In conjunction with branch sales efforts, supports, promotes, and markets promotional activities, enhance customer relationships, and refers customers to other business partners as appropriate. Typically works with more complex customers with expert knowledge of product and service offerings. Provides guidance and assistance to less experienced bankers.
Essential Job Functions
- Acts as customers first point of contact with the Bank by engaging customers to complete needs assessment to identify and recommend financial solutions to best satisfy those needs, including banking solutions, lending solutions, home financing and/or small business solutions.
- Completes documentation required to establish and maintain new accounts. Complies with all policies/procedures related to the new account process.
- Manages assigned portfolio, identifying opportunities to deepen and expand relationship.
- Proactively promotes and markets financial products through outbound calls, telemarketing, targeted directed mailings, and in-branch selling.
- Accountable for individual goals and contributes to increasing branch sales, revenues and customer experience.
- Collaborates with internal partners, such as business relationship managers, mortgage bankers, and others.
- Assists less experienced Bankers with more complex service or sales transactions.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- 3 yrs Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically requires a minimum 3 years of prior relevant experience. Prefer University Degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent customer service skills, communication skills, both written and verbal, presentation skills, and telephone etiquette.
- Complete knowledge of banking products, lending products, credit products and services used by business and retail customers.
- Excellent sales and portfolio growth and management ability.
- Results driven with strong ability to generate sales based on customer needs.
- Excellent knowledge at building relationships, collaboration and team work.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Strong ability to perform branch processes and procedures with excellent attention to detail.
- Effectively use all applicable systems, technology and software to perform job functions.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.