At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.
Job Description Summary
This resource will be part of QA Center of Excellence team
for ETL/Data warehouse testing projects. Primary responsibilities would be, understand
requirements & data mapping, define test plan, develop test cases &
technical test scripts, conduct reviews and execute test cases.
Resource should be primarily interacting with Dev team, BSA,
Data Analyst, and Data architects to understand project requirements, Technical
design, downstream systems impact and data mapping. Resource should participate
in daily status meetings to provide accurate QA status with Project manager. Should be able to understand data mapping and
document test cases and test scripts independently and have excellent team
player skills to work with cross domain teams in a dynamically changing
environment.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Create & Execute software test design, test strategies,
test cases for Bank’s Treasury systems such as ALMT, ILM and FARM.
- Perform detailed Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data
Cleansing, Data Reconciliation and Data Integrity using SQL, Shell scripts and
other approved tools
- Implement approved test automation framework for functional,
regression and E2E testing.
- Develop complex PL/SQL & SQL scripts using Oracle Toad
& SQL Developer tools to validate the ETL process/design implemented in
Informatica Power Center, Informatica IDQ and Denodo Platform Control Center
from Heterogeneous source systems to Enterprise Data Warehouse and Regulatory
- Develop database analytical/aggregation functions and stored
procedures to validate different drill down metrics and dashboards in OBIEE
- Schedule and execute TIDAL jobs for end to end ETL process
implemented in multiple products/software like Informatica MDM, Informatica
Address Doctor, Denodo and ESB using UNIX shell scripting, Workflow Monitor and
Workflow Manager tools to perform integration and regression test.
- Define and document software test plan and perform several
phases of testing cycles and record test results, test metrics and track
defects using HP ALM/Quality Center and JIRA tools in order to ensure
applications, products and/or releases are in compliance with Bank of the
West`s QA standards.
- Partner with test leads at onsite and offshore, architects
and senior management to recommend quality improvement best practices and
processes based on current and emerging technologies/applications/software.
- High level of personal commitment to each task, a can do
attitude and a drive to deliver.
- Strong communication skills to be able to communicate at all
- Ability to understand banking financial requirements.
- High level of responsibility and Ownership from inception
through to implementation.
- The candidate should have a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Good analysis skills in order to aid in trouble shooting and
- Good testing principles as well as good defect management
skills should have experience in handling.
- Multiple assignments at same time and long with other team
Bachelors in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Overall 8+ years of experience of IT experience with minimum
of 6+ years of ETL/ Data Warehouse Testing.
- Experience in writing complex SQL & PL SQL statements to
test ETL code based on the data mapping & requirements provided and perform
extensive data analysis to identify the defects.
- Strong Data ware house and BI concepts.
- Experience in working testing through Informatica or related
ETL tools, Oracle database, BI tools like OBIEE, etc. and has experience
working with UNIX/LINUX.
- Experience in working with large scale Enterprise Data
Warehouse, Data Integration, Data Migration and upgrade projects.
- Experience in testing data warehouses systems and have
defined test approaches for data warehouse projects.
- Experience in creating Test plan, test cases and engineering
best practices related to software test engineering, both manual and automated
- Experience coordinating testing activities and optimizing
test cycles working with project team.
- Experience with utilization of appropriate test methodologies
and use of test management tool like HP ALM.
- Experience with conducting and running defect triage meeting
with project teams.
- At least 3 - 5 years’ experience of working with financial
- Strong in STLC process, Test Strategy/Plan, Test Estimation
- Effective Project & People Management Skills, exposure
to Knowledge Management. Solid time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Domain knowledge & previous experience with Banking and
Financial service domain knowledge.
- Passion towards giving technical solutions and using
different testing tools.
- ETL test automation.
- Experience working with Database upgrades, tool upgrades and
- Should have experience in handling multiple assignments at
same time and long with other team members.
- Should be best team player.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Technology