At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for the design and implementation of procurement policies and procedures of assigned business client. Collaborates with key stakeholders in developing sourcing strategies and driving improvements to lower the total costs. Maintains exceptional sourcing strategies and superior supplier relationships.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Identifies and implements solutions to drive incremental cost reductions and cost-avoidance opportunities for assigned category through category knowledge that researches and understands leading industry trends at country, regional or global level.
- Interacts with and supports multiple businesses, internal and external Stakeholders, functions and Suppliers.
- Effectively influences and aligns strategies and expectations and manages individual priorities given a set of performance objectives.
- Manages Suppliers including supplier development and performance management. Leads complex contract negotiations - balancing of risk and rewards.
- Provides guidance to internal business clients on Procurement capabilities and processes. Works to ensure team cost savings (reduction, and avoidance) goals are achieved or exceeded and ensures business control compliance.
- Analyzes data and strategic opportunity leading to the identification of potential Business Partner optimization gaps. Suggests and implements improvements/changes.
- Optimizes Procurement processes to ensure Business Partners are able to make successful business decisions.
- Works with Business Units and Corporate Legal in negotiating pricing and terms and conditions related to sourcing agreements.
- May lead and manage projects, promotes teamwork and communications in coordination with colleagues and Business Partners.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Thorough knowledge of strategic sourcing in travel and services.
- Thorough knowledge of Travel commodity.
- Proven ability in managing high-level complex supplier contracts and partnerships.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance