At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for negotiating & drafting affiliated third party provider transactions in alignment with Regulation W, Bank of the West’s contracting standards and regulatory guidance on third party engagements. Collaborates with key stakeholders and subject matter experts in developing related contracting strategies and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of affiliated transactions, including but not limited to contractual template creation, process improvement and supporting technology use.
Essential Job Functions
- Interacts with and supports multiple businesses, internal and external Stakeholders, functions and affiliated and non-affiliated third party providers.
- Effectively influences and aligns strategies and expectations and manages individual priorities given a set of performance objectives.
- Works with business stakeholders to draft and negotiate legal and business terms in contracts, engaging Legal and other subject matter experts as prescribed and necessary.
- Identifies and implements solutions to drive incremental cost reductions and efficiencies to support key business unit and bank objectives.
- Leads complex contract negotiations - balancing of risk and rewards.
- Provides guidance to internal business clients on Procurement capabilities and processes, Bank’s standards, regulatory expectations, and creative solutions to meet unique business needs.
- Works to ensure Bank cost savings goals are achieved or exceeded, while ensuring business control compliance.
- Analyzes data and strategic opportunity leading to the identification of potential Business Partner optimization gaps. Suggests and implements improvements/changes.
- Optimizes Procurement processes to ensure Business Partners are able to make successful business decisions.
Other Job Duties
- May lead and manage projects, promotes teamwork and communications in coordination with colleagues and Business Partners.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Bachelor's Degree
· Thorough knowledge of sourcing, procurement and contract management.
· Thorough knowledge Regulation W, Regulatory Guidance on use of Third Party Providers in the Financial Services industry.
· Proven ability in managing high-level complex supplier contracts and partnerships.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance