At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for the timely and accurate posting of monies to consumer loan, line of credit, and lease products. Reviews for fees, overpayments, and returns for both real estate and non-real estate products to ensure compliance with federal regulations while providing a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: researching and processing maintenance transactions to resolve issues from customer, branch, or third party inquiries including by phone, in written communications and in work orders. Extensive work on the telephone with use of headset, and computer data entry and inquiry.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Processes payments to consumer loan, line and lease products ensuring compliance with the Bank's policies and applicable regulations by reviewing Incoming Wire Transfers, NFG Reports, and Customer Checks/Money Orders for credit to the appropriate account and prepares general ledger offset ticket. Works in conjunction with the Accounting and Reporting Group as necessary to ensure all accounts meet documented procedural requirements and guidelines.
- Processes monetary transactions in varying amounts to payoff consumer loan, line and lease products ensuring compliance with the Bank's policies and applicable regulations by reviewing Incoming Wire Transfers, NFG Reports, BOWDealers and Customer Checks/Money Orders for credit to the appropriate account, prepares general ledger offset ticket and when necessary queues refunds for accounts. On an as needed basis, completes an in-depth review of the account to ensure funds are properly credited and any overpayment is released in the proper time frame.
- Performs the necessary research to validate proper level of authorization on requests prior to processing monetary fee waiver transactions in varying amounts. Processes Attorney Statements to break out and apply trustee transactions in varying amounts. Investigates payment issues and places stop payments and/or reissues new checks to the customer on an as needed basis. Prepares Wells Fargo lease deposit and works with courier for pick up and delivery. Processes Reports and pays or assesses fees for "Essex" loans and subordinations. Determines appropriate refund amount on lines of credit that are paid in full and generates refund checks. Cross trains to assist Transaction Processing with Back Counter Scanning Process.
- Resolves customer impact issues by communicating and participating in problem resolutions within the CPS Payment Processing Group.
- Notepads/documents all conversations held with customer, branch or third party updating any information regarding work processed.
- Reviews, logs, and submits daily personal tracking log.
- Opens, sorts, and processes incoming mail.
- Provides additional support to other back office groups in DLP, CRES, CPS, Call Center, Collections, Transaction Processing and Branch groups on an as needed basis.
- Collects on short payoff remittances on an as needed basis.
- Assists with one-on-one training with newly hired employees as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail skills.
- Customer Service skills - both written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Personal computer skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations such as Reg Z Guidelines.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Consumer