At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for performing a variety of activities to coordinate, assist and provide back-up support in assigned unit. May be responsible for coordinating and leading employees to ensure that service levels are met consistently. Works with little or no supervision.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Acts as back-up for unit staff, performing duties as necessary to cover absences or increased workload.
- Meets production objectives.
- Maintains a working knowledge of unit policies, procedures, standards and workflow.
- Assists supervisory staff as necessary.
- Responds to issues escalated from internal and external customers.
- Handles special projects.
- Assists with training new or less-experienced staff.
- Assists management in identifying and implementing operational improvements.
- Works on the telephone, with a telephone headset, for up to 8 hours per day.
- Performs computer input on a continuous basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad knowledge of operational systems and practices typically gained through extensive experience and/or education.
- Requires 5 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Previous banking or related field experience.
- Meets all the requirements of the jobs for which back-up or lead role will be provided.
- Good knowledge of the products, policies and processes that related to unit assigned.
- Administrative/Technical Skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong follow-up skills.
- Ability to identify and address issues immediately.
- Ability to successfully interact with various levels of management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide direction to less-experienced staff.
- Ability to analyze, resolve and respond to customer account issues.
- Excellent service skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite of products.
- Ability to work in teams as well as independently.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Consumer