At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Bank of the West is seeking a data-driven, analytical professional for our Payment Solutions Risk, Analytics and Modeling team. This individual will focus on providing data-driven solutions to support our aggressively growing business. Successful candidates will partner with the Credit and Debit Product teams to uncover data-driven insights. They will be expected to understand and contribute to all aspects of Payment Solutions data. Candidates will be responsible for review and validation of models and assumptions used in managing a credit card business, including credit risk management, marketing, pricing and fraud. Ideal candidates will be passionate and motivated to take on challenging and rewarding work.
Essential Job Functions
Identify opportunities to improve sales, profitability, and product performance based on customer and channel analytics.
Communicate effectively with product and risk management partners to understand business needs
Partner with product management, marketing, risk, and finance to ensure alignment of customer analytics with the business strategy. Provide support around business case analysis driven by the various teams.
- Identify key business problems where data analysis provides insights into solutions and build-out actionable recommendations for business partners and senior leadership.
- Drive standard but strategic reporting on new and existing customer growth, retention, cross-sell, and channel behavior
- Design and manage report delivery solutions, such as portals and dashboards within supported BI tools and infrastructure.
- Lead development of various customer models including customer lifetime value, behavioral segmentation, acquisition scorecards, etc.
- Determine approach to validation, criteria, level of detail, documentation, and perform validation of models.
- Develop monthly Risk Committee reporting, including key risk indicators.
- Verify that the Bank is in compliance with existing risk limits
- Additional analytical-related activities that may arise.
- Prepare recommendations/presentations for senior management
Other Job Duties
Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree (not required)
Familiarity with model validation and governance in a bank.
Excellent financial modeling and empirical research skills with hands-on experience in model validation/quality assurance systems.
Demonstrated quantitative financial knowledge in the following financial models: stochastic interest rate, prepayment, spread, default, and cash flow.
Ability to analyze, apply, interpret, and communicate complex technical results to non-quantitative audiences and develop presentations of all models to ensure management’s understanding of operation, purpose, and outputs of models.
Demonstrated project management skills to include working within short timelines and under pressure at times.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United StatesJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance