At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for assisting in the evolution of profitability reporting and investment decision-making at Bank of the West. It is to be done through the development of product, channel and other segment view that support investment decision-making and help manage business performance effectively. Profitability reporting will include modelling and analytics capabilities surrounding FTE and incentive compensation plans, capital and resource allocation processes to optimize the bank's project slate. Responsible for representing FP&A on large scale programs of work, including but not limited to projects with BNPP. Will also have significant interaction with senior management, and outstanding presentation skills (both verbal and written) are essential.
Essential Job Functions
Experience & Skills
- 10 years minimum prior relevant experience
- Five + years of experience in banking/financial services industry preferred. Proven judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Complete knowledge of financial analysis and principles of economics of financial and cost accounting. Working knowledge of funds transfer pricing principles.
- Complete knowledge of financial institution balance sheet, profit and loss and analysis techniques. Working knowledge of GAAP accounting issues as they relate to the banking industry.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Personal computer skills (good knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Knowledge of Hyperion & Essbase a plus.
- Strong professional communication and presentation skills. Skills coordinating and leading effective meetings.
- Self-motivated to perform individual analysis to evaluate and challenge results/data.
- Ability to network and form business partner relationships.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated must undergo regular testing beginning May, 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.