At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the investment management and client relations for various types of accounts, personal trusts and institutional plans. May also be responsible for the management of an investment style or an asset management product. Manages accounts of key importance or of a complex nature.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides advice and guidance to trust account administrators with respect to investment policies and procedures.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of reports for the function. Prepares periodic reports for management and others as needed.
- May supervise employees directly (i.e., selection, training, performance appraisal and work allocation).
- Assists in developing departmental budgets.
- Manages investment accounts of key importance or of a complex nature including meeting with clients on a periodic basis to review performance and discuss future strategies.
- Recommends to the Regional Trust Administrative Committee the appropriate course of action on non-routine matters.
- Maintains a continuous study of financial news, reports, digests, and financial services to keep informed of economic and financial conditions affecting markets subject to trust investment.
- Ensures assigned accounts are in compliance with Bank audit and security standards, policies and procedures.
Other Job Duties
- Assists in the establishment of investment policy, meets regularly with clients to review investment objectives and performance.
- Oversees the activities related to management of clients' investment portfolios. Participates in and contributes to the development of investment products. Participates in the development of new business from existing or prospective customers. Monitors application of Style investment changes for thoroughness in applying changes after they are approved. Maintains an active and ongoing conversion to Strategy plan for each existing account being managed using a Strategy. Performs relationship support and/or investment support activities for agency accounts depending on client's preferences. Performs all primary client contact and support for activities in agency accounts to whom they are assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- CFA or going thru CFA designation, and/or Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) designation a big plus!
- Thorough knowledge of economics, investment strategy, quantitative analysis, and risk assessment.
- Analytical and research.
- Compile statistics.
- Compose letters/memorandums.
- Coordinate meetings.
- Demonstrated supervisory.
- Develop office procedures.
- Negotiation skills.
- Perform math and analysis.
- Presentation skills.
- Research information.
- Written and verbal communication.
- Use of personal computer.
Annual Hiring Range:
$157,000 to $185,000
The base salary opportunity can vary based on candidate’s geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for quarterly incentives.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West may require all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status, and employees who are not fully vaccinated may be required to undergo regular testing.
Benefits: Visit https://www.bankofthewest.com/about-us/careers/benefits.html for benefits information.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.