At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
This senior role is responsible for managing all strategic components of one or more products in the Payments Group within the Cash Management product family. This position will join a fast moving product development/management team whose focus is on the future of the Bank’s Payment Hub, including emerging payments. Specifically this position is responsible for Integrated Payables Solutions.
The Product Manager is primarily accountable for the P&L of the products under his/her leadership, including developing, articulating, communicating (internally within the bank and externally to the market) as well as executing product strategies, focusing on cost analyses, constantly investigating and pursuing cost reduction opportunities as well as revenue enhancement opportunities to maximize product profitability, conducting market analyses, market segmentation analyses, target marketing of specific industries, designing and developing market collateral, conducting competitive analyses and designing and executing strategies to improve competitive positioning of managed products, Developing product roadmaps and prioritizing development roadmaps. The role also has primary responsibility for financial management and administration of all aspects of the products under management, including risk, compliance, regulatory, and legal issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Market analysis includes product strategy development and communication, industry trend tracking, market surveys, competitive intelligence gathering, regulatory intelligence gathering, collating client feedback and segmentation analysis.
- Strategy includes developing, articulating and communicating product strategy, roadmap prioritization, P&L Management, cost and revenue analyses, and designing and executing actions to reduce costs, enhance revenues and maximize profitability.
- Financial Management includes developing and maintaining business plans, managing the P&L of each product, forecasting and budgeting, deal pricing and pricing policy development, maintenance and communication, and pricing modeling.
- Product Administration includes participation and leadership in internal partnership meetings and discussions, cooperating with, responding to and remediating findings related to audits, vendor management, compliance with regulatory and compliance issues and updates, and risk management.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business or Marketing
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Experience and expertise in instilling product management disciplines in a changing or evolving environment.
- Key Product Areas Managed Under This Role.
- Payables or.
- Receivables or.
- Information Reporting or.
- Small Business or.
- International Services.
- Product Marketing.
- Pricing and Profitability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.