At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
This role focuses on both the people side of the organization’s change initiatives and changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The primary focus will be creating and implementing change management plans that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement. The role applies a holistic-view of the organization’s strategy, operations and initiatives to change management strategy and plans to drive faster adoption, greater utilization, and higher proficiency on the changes impacting employees such that business results are achieved.
- Identifies and educates key stakeholders on the role of Organizational Change Management and the role of stakeholders in change initiatives
- Identifies and evaluates the impact of organizational and change initiatives on stakeholder groups
- Develops and facilitates the implementation of a change and release management strategy
- Develops a set of actionable and targeted change management plans – including communication plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, and resistance management plan
- Develops and manages the change management work-plan
- Monitors and documents changes to business processes and engages in change readiness activities
- Leadership experience with IT Service Desk environments and the hand-off between Transition and Operations
- Provides feedback and synchronizes efforts across projects and divisions/business units
- Manages the design, development, and implementation of capacity building and knowledge transfer (training) based on the redesigned processes and systems
- Ensures that change management issues arising are adequately addressed and resolved across the business
- Supports the execution of plans by employee-facing managers and business leaders
- Is an active and visible coach to leaders who are change sponsors as well as project teams
- Creates and manages feedback and measurement systems to track adoption, utilization, and proficiency of individual changes. Is successful in driving a reduction in MI’s
- Identifies resistance and performance gaps and works to develop and implement corrective actions
- Creates and enables reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success
- Collaborates with project teams to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan
- Service asset and configuration management/ Management of CMDB
- Cherwell and ServiceNow Management
- Knowledge management
- Transition planning and support
- Release and deployment management
- Service validation and testing
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 10 years of organizational change and release management leadership experience required
- 5-10 years previous project management experience preferred
- Industry experience preferred Knowledge and experience with ITIL and ITSM
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Business Management or a related field, Masters preferred
- Change Management Professional designation preferred (e.g. Prosci certification) Project Management Professional (PMP) designation, Agile certification(s) preferred
- Experience with Prosci's model of individual change - ADKAR (awareness, desire, knowledge, ability, reinforcement®) is a plus
- Experience with large-scale organizational change effort a preferred
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills, presentation skills and facilitation skills for conducting interview, workshops, meetings, etc.
- Demonstrated and excellent problem solving, analytical and root cause identification skills
- Experience in risk management, operations and service improvement
- Experience in service management to large user populations
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.