At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Work Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Francisco, CA, San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.
Job Description Summary
With minimal supervision, participates and leads in the design, engineering, development, testing, implementation, operation and maintenance of network infrastructure devices such as firewalls, proxies, dns/dhcp servers, load balancers and other related technologies. Maintains technical quality in operating environments through monitoring and implementation of solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment on issues of the highest complexity.
Essential Job Functions
- Design, implement, maintain, support and troubleshoot Firewall, Proxy, DNS and Load Balancer environment as per corporate and security standards.
- Adhere to the controls, policies and procedures put forth in context to proactively manage IT risks, develop predictability within core missions, reduce impact to the production environment and improve stability and visibility through reports.
- Obtains information relative to business requirements in order to design and prepare solution proposal alternatives in line with strategies and best practices.
- Develops and reviews system and network performance results, systems standards, strategies, and workflows.
- Produce the documentation of technical procedures for department use to ensure uniformity of process.
- Leads the coordination of tasks associated with repairs or installations.
- Diagnoses and provides solutions to problems clients are experiencing. High-level escalation point for problem resolution.
- Maintains technical quality in operating environments through the monitoring and development of advanced solutions.
- Installs system hardware and software, ensures proper performance and stabilizes systems.
- Evaluates techniques, develops recommendations and performs testing and certifications.
Other Job Duties
- Prepares reports and follow-up and evaluates results.
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory environment and compliance related issues.
- Interfaces with vendors and servicing agents to obtain equipment and services.
- Advanced knowledge of datacenter design and operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals and network security technologies such as Clustering, Transparent mode, SSl/VPN, CLI commands (Bash, shell, IOS…)
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Thorough understanding of installation, configuration and optimization of technologies such as F5 LTM/GTM, CheckPoint and/or Fortinet Firewalls, McAfee and/or Blue Coat Proxies and DNS/DHCP Infoblox. (Note: at least 2 technologies required, the rest are desirable).
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Desirable CISSP and/or CCSA and/or CCSE and/or NS4/5/6 Certified yet not essential.
- Experience with HP Network Automation and Solarwinds and/or Zabbix is an advantage.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated must undergo regular testing beginning May, 2022.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.