At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
This position with be part of the IT Security Transformation team at Bank of the West and will help execute our security agendas and realize security goals by building and improving internal processes and technology environments. By guiding Bank of the West through large and complex cyber initiatives, we will help improve our company's security posture, enable the business and increase the value we get out of security technology investments.
With limited supervision, participates in design, implementation, testing, and security of network infrastructure devices such as routers, switches, load-balancers, network monitoring and security devices and other related technologies in a virtualized enterprise environment. This position will focus on securing local and wide-area networking using Cisco routers and switches, Data Center networks, Voice over IP, Cisco wireless, troubleshooting and vulnerability resolution.
Responsible for making improvements to processes and systems to enhance security of the Bank's network infrastructure. Problems and issues faced can be numerous and undefined, and require detailed information gathering, analysis and investigation to understand the problem. Problems are difficult and moderately complex. The work typically impacts multiple departments. Problems are typically solved by drawing from prior experience and an in depth analysis of issues. Directly involved with major/complex projects involving delegation of work and review of work products. Communicates with parties within and outside of own job function. Has responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization (vendors, affiliates, etc.)
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Obtains information relative to business requirements in order to design and prepare solution proposal alternatives in line with strategies and best practices.
- Develops and reviews system and network performance results, systems standards, strategies, and workflows.
- Guides the documentation of technical procedures for department use to ensure uniformity of process.
- Leads the coordination of tasks associated with repairs or installations.
- Diagnoses and provides solutions to problems clients are experiencing. High-level escalation point for problem resolution.
- Maintains technical quality in operating environments through the monitoring and development of advanced solutions.
- Installs system hardware and software, ensures proper performance and stabilizes systems.
- Evaluates techniques, develops recommendations and performs testing and certifications.
- Prepares reports and follow-up and evaluates results.
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory environment and compliance related issues.
- Interfaces with vendors and servicing agents to obtain equipment and services.
- Advanced knowledge of datacenter design and operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires 5 or more years prior relevant experience the Network Security Engineering and Operations field
Advanced skills in many of the following:
- Experience with Cisco router and switch device operation, management and configuration
- Experience with Cisco Data Center network systems and technology is required. Cisco SDA and ACI is desirable.
- Knowledge of routing protocols, LAN protocols, TCP/IP protocols, and protocol analysis
- Knowledge of Cisco network virtualization, Cisco wireless network technologies, Cisco VoIP
- Ability to troubleshoot system and application problems in a multi-protocol network
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux OS is desirable
- Technical expertise in the implementation, operation and design of multi-vendor and multi-protocol environments found in a leading edge data center
- Advanced capabilities in analytical, research, planning, and procedure documentation
- PC proficiencies including Microsoft Office
- Background and knowledge of the Banking regulatory environment is a plus
- Proficient with Splunk Processing Language (SPL) preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.