At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated must undergo regular testing beginning May, 2022
Job Description Summary
Through minimal supervision and working independently, is responsible for system administration and data maintenance of moderate to complex business systems. Capable of troubleshooting, tracking and providing first and second level support to multiple business groups, coordinating resolution of supported applications with business users, IT and vendors.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains and administers systems (distributed and mainframe) including but not limited to data table, download and interface maintenance; and may lead development of system components using product specific tools to create reports and other objects.
- Performs complex system administration. Monitors and validates tasks are executed based on business requirements and are in compliance with bank policy.
- Receives business requests and performs preliminary analysis to determine if desktop, application or network connection issues need escalation of the Bank of the West Service Desk.
- Partners with IT, vendors and business system analysts in performing root cause analysis and recommendation of viable solutions. Serves as escalation point for department employees.
- Reviews and analyzes trends, proposes and implements changes to reduce problem incidents. Ensures accuracy of all incidents reported for management reporting.
- Notifies and keeps Business Units and Department management abreast of system issues affecting the business.
- Proactively looks to review, evaluated, and automate existing processes.
- Ensures system administration documentation is up to date for all systems.
Other Job Duties
- Proactively provides recommendations and implements solutions to improve business system health.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of business systems software, PC’s, LAN’s, WAN’s.
- Strong knowledge of Financial Banking systems.
- Strong knowledge of Systems Administration.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in Process Improvement.
- Advanced experience in Visual Basic macro’s.
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.
Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:
$90,000.00 - $120,000.00
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.