At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for supporting the corporate financial planning and analysis team with operations and analytics. Performs a variety of complex duties including the collection and analysis of financial data from reports and various sources; performs statistical analyses. Prepares materials for distribution to the board of directors and executive management committee. Perform in-depth analysis and provide meaningful insights to senior leadership.
Essential Job Functions
Monitors Finance, Treasury and Legal budgets in accordance with established guidelines and practices. Supervises and participates in preparation of the monthly financial reports.
- Performs monthly review and evaluation of actual financial performance compared to budget and prior year for the Finance, Treasury and Legal groups. May partner with Divisions within the Business Unit in support of FP&A activities.
- Supervises allocation of support and overhead expenses to all business units.
- Ensures the integration of the budgeting and planning data and with general ledger for monthly reporting of actual against budget.
- Supervises the development and maintenance of capital expenditure and salary planning templates that are integrated with the annual budgeting process.
- Implements and manages phases of the annual budgeting process ensuring accuracy of communications to all affected Division/Department Heads.
- Functions as key finance liaison for the Finance, Treasury and Legal functions across BNPP entities as necessary.
- Ensures meaningful and relevant information while guaranteeing data integrity and accuracy.
- Drives the FP&A feedback loop taking into consideration actuals, planning, reporting, analysis and improved assumptions for executive management decision making.
- Provide insights into reports and develop and provide high quality presentation to executives.
- Responsible for working with business lines to understand and or develop business based metrics to use in understanding performance and developing projections for future costs.
- May lead or assist in the development and implementation of internal Corporate FP&A and/or Line of Business process improvement and enhancement projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Five + years of experience in banking/financial services industry preferred. Proven judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Complete knowledge of financial analysis and principles of economics of financial and cost accounting. Working knowledge of funds transfer pricing principles.
- Complete knowledge of financial institution balance sheet, profit and loss and analysis techniques. Working knowledge of GAAP accounting issues as they relate to the banking industry.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Personal computer skills (good knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Knowledge of Hyperion & Essbase a plus.
- Strong professional communication and presentation skills. Skills coordinating and leading effective meetings.
- Self-motivated to perform individual analysis to evaluate and challenge results/data.
- Ability to network and form business partner relationships.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.