At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for fiduciary and client relationship management of individual Wealth Management accounts, including those where the Bank serves as Trustee, Executor or Agent and accounts under various forms of agreement, including agency, foundation, charitable, revocable, and irrevocable trust accounts. Has responsibility for proactive client service, account growth, client retention, risk management, and overall administration of assigned book of business. Essential Job Functions
- Manages assigned accounts of key importance or of a complex nature in accordance with the terms specified in the governing instruments, and maintains proactive client servicing and communication relative to the account administration.
- Consults with clients on a periodic basis to review the client’s financial and estate planning goals and objectives.
- Researches and recommends appropriate courses of action on non-routine fiduciary matters to senior management and/ or applicable governing Committees.
- Participates in the development of new business with existing or prospective clients and participates in the overall Wealth Management sales process with other team partners.
- Maintains a continuous study of wealth management industry developments, including those related to complex estate and fiduciary planning, charitable planning, and tax planning.
- Ensures all day-to-day activities within the Global Investment and Fiduciary Solutions group are in accordance with Bank of the West policies, procedures, and ethics, as well as, external regulations and laws.
- Participates in local community and business functions/ groups to cultivate a positive professional image for Wealth Management and the Bank (e.g. Bar Associations, Regional Estate or other wealth and fiduciary related groups).
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum directly related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Economics, a related field
- CFP, CTFA or JD preferred
- Complete knowledge of estates, trusts, agency accounts, and charitable accounts including legal, regulatory, financial and tax issues
- Understanding of financial planning concepts, including trust/estate planning, tax planning, investments, and insurance
- Understanding of fiduciary risks and complex fiduciary issue
- Analytical and research
- Organizational skills
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Use of personal computer, familiarity with relevant industry technology
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-DenverJob Type: Full-timeJob: Trust