At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
By taking the business requirements will need provide the available technical solutions and articulate the pros/ cons and risks of different solutions. Though the business domain knowledge contributes to the end to end software application including design, development, testing and deployment in a fast paced agile development environment.
Essential Job Functions
Sr. DevOps Test Automation Engineer
Bank of the West is seeking a talented Test Automation Engineer with experience leading teams on a test automation journey. The primary responsibility is design and lead the development of automated testing capabilities, and providing coaching to delivery teams in testing best practices and use of available tools and framework provided by the DevOps Engineering Team. In this role you will be responsible for conducting POCs, installing, configuring, and maintaining the shared testing tools and frameworks and you will help shape the future of DevOps within Bank of the West. The successful candidate will have experience as a senior test engineer with a proven track record of innovation using automation methodologies with Agile delivery.
- Involved in every step of the software development process such as design, development, and testing
- Knowledge of both testing and development for Java based systems
- able to perform Test Automation and setting up frameworks on multiple application platforms like Web, Mobile, and Desktop
- Lead test automation tool and framework development and makes it available for generic use.
- Must understand full-stack methodologies and ability to code, test, and debug.
- Drive tactical delivery in an Agile format with multiple teams.
- Work with our delivery leads, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of system and determine priority of needs.
- Manage standard system design and ensure we implement and support good software design practices.
- Ability to influence others
- Experience with BDD
- Expert knowledge of Selenium, and Appium.
- Expert in configuring selenium grid and sauce labs
- Follow and enforce company standard policies.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skill. Testing materials like test cases, plans, test strategies, bug reports created should be easy to read and comprehend
- efficiently manage workload, have high productivity, time management skills
- Must have a GREAT attitude. You should able to upgrade your technical skills with the changing technologies. Your attitude should have some level of independence. So that, you can take ownership of the task allocated without too much supervision
- At least 5 years of experience in software testing
- At least 3 years of experience working in a Linux/Unix/Windows environment
- At least 2 year of experience with Selenium and Appium
- At least 2 years’ experience in API testing
- At least 2 years’ experience in load and performance testing. Knowledge of JMeter preffered
- At least 2 year of experience implementing Selenium Grid and Sauce Labs
- At least 2 years of experience as lead on an engineering team.
- At least 2 years of experience with Jenkins and Git
- At least 2 year of experience with Automation or Orchestration
- Knowledge of Gradle or Maven
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.