At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Under general direction, responsible for evaluating and analyzing complex information to support projects and/or in overall management of a business unit/department. Develops and documents business requirements and/or solutions and leads efforts to solve problems and issues related to business operations.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Advises and leads in the planning and implementation of projects and strategic initiatives for the Business Unit/Department.
- Drives business team members to define business needs through utilization of effective elicitation techniques.
- Evaluates data gathered from multiple sources, reconciles differences, and ensures consistent approaches, data interpretation, and results measurements are employed.
- Responsible for effective communication to all business partners and users to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to implementation.
- Responsible for ensuring that project's dependencies are clearly defined and appropriately communicated in terms of time required to complete.
- Primary liaison with business partners, development team, and technology. Acts as the "Subject Matter Expert" (SME) and provides business knowledge as needed.
- Oversees the examination of current business processes and makes recommendations for improving quality and/or increasing efficiency within business unit operations.
- May assist in annual business unit operating and capital expense budget planning.
- May provide back-office training and support on application usage and functionality.
- May lead and advise business units in the development of analytics, department or operational procedures, reporting, financial analysis, communication, and/or strategic planning activities.
- May assist business unit production functions during high volume periods.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for report writing, business requirement proposals, client interaction, and methodology documentation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail is highly desired.
- Project management tools such as MS Project.
- Supervisory or management experience preferred.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance