At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for planning and managing data analytics that provide overall data management and reporting. Oversees the development of analytical tools and solutions to support the commercial lending business lines. Collaborates with management and business partners to identify business, technology, and process improvement opportunities.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees, leads and participates in the business line's data analytics strategy. This may include recommending and developing of related programs for the business line.
- Manages/leads the research, design, development, testing, retrieval, and data reporting; utilizing the knowledge of various software packages.
- Identifies business, technology, and process improvement opportunities. This may include making recommendations to business line leaders.
- Establishes and serves as Business Line's "analytic review" function to ensure the uniformity and quality of analytical tools and reports are delivered consistently to business partners.
- Exercises critical thinking, quickly recognizing data patterns and anomalies.
- Manages projects and/or small teams to support new initiatives or other automation efforts.
- Provides overall technical support for the team and acts as a backup to the manager covering other areas of his/her responsibilities.
Other Job Duties
- May participate in various special projects involving various stakeholders throughout the bank.
- Document analytic processes providing a clear audit trail
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of data, analytics and reporting typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Strong working knowledge of finance/banking, specifically commercial banking.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- 7 yrs Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management. Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Proven ability to define, extract, create queries and analyze data based on a fundamental understanding of process, control and risk in support of the department’s data analytics strategy, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Strong expertise utilizing advanced functions in Spreadsheet (Excel), SQL, Tableau, and various data reporting and report automation platforms.
- Excellent management and control of work flows to produce deliverables within required timeframes and quality standards.
- Stromg knowledge of project management and Microsoft Office tools.
- Understanding of style guides and editorial process.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good inter-personal and partnering skills to facilitate effective working relationships.
- Basic understanding of financial industry, risk management, and/or corporate security.
- Keen eye for design and understanding of layout flows and infographics.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing security environment and prioritize deliverables.
- Ability to condense information and transform technical data into easily understandable concepts.
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (AZ, CA, NE)
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.