At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Our Application Security
Architect team is looking for a seasoned team member to support our growing
team. The ideal candidate we are looking for include those with a strong
background in Information Security with at least 5-7 years of current
application testing – including Dynamic and Static analysis tools, Web
Application Penetration Testing, and Secure Source code review. The candidate
should also have adequate experience architecting secure systems by providing
security requirements, design, and integration recommendations. Evaluates
threats and vulnerabilities in order to recommend safeguards for system or
application owners. Designs correction plans, mitigations, and full remediation
actions. Understands and communicates attack chains and vulnerabilities to
management and other stakeholders. Develops sustainable processes, and
controls, as required for the Cybersecurity program. Work on Cybersecurity
Projects and Activities as needed. Mobile application security testing (Android
& iOS) is a plus. Experience architecting/designing an effective and secure
CI/CD pipeline is a plus.
Industry certifications like
CISSP, OSCP, OSCE, GWAPT, GMOB, GXPN, or GPEN are highly desired for this role.
Other Job Duties
- Leads business and technical partners with expert knowledge of relevant security system technologies.
- Elicits and translates business requirements to systems specifications for securing complex business systems; ensures security specifications align with business requirements.
- Prepares and analyzes detailed systems specifications for complex security systems that fit with the Bank's system architecture standards.
- Collaborates with business functional groups in analyzing and evaluating business requirements; develops and manages the security aspects of the logical and functional design.
- Reviews departmental and bank processes or procedures related to supported security controls and/or systems and proposes relevant changes/updates.
- May evaluate system parameters and formats to determine direction of upgrades, enhancements, development, and maintenance of various security systems.
- May assist in developing complex test plans and test conditions of business systems and interface applications to ensure proper implementation of security controls.
- Provides support as an information security subject matter expert to department or business units for relevant business or system processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Previous project management experience highly desirable.
- Ability to work with little guidance.
- Experience in a regulated industry highly desirable; financial services preferred.
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture.
- Ability to design mixed-technology solutions.
- Ability to conduct ROI and gap analysis for potential and existing products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills; must be resourceful, creative, innovative, results driven and adaptable.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Security