At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are currently seeking qualified talent to be responsible for engagement, process management, and review of commercial real estate appraisals. Must be capable of processing multiple service requests in a timely, accurate and cost effective manner in support of the Bank's real estate lending function. Additional duties involve consultation and advice for lender/clientele. Overall priority is toward assurance of sound collateral valuation analysis to ensure proper risk analysis and protection against losses to the Bank.
- Ensures that commercial appraisal services are conducted in a regulatory compliant, cost effective, and timely manner.
- Reviews appraisal service requests for completeness.
- Solicits and collects bids for appraisal services from qualified fee appraisers.
- Engages commercial fee appraisers to perform appraisal services as needed.
- Performs Standard 3 reviews of commercial appraisal reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Appraisal and appraisal review theory and technique
- Appraisal regulations (FIRREA) The Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) BoW Commercial Appraisal Policy (Bankwide)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-DenverJob Type: Full-timeJob: Risk Management