At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Serves as the validation control point in the Bank's due diligence and documentation requirements by confirming the terms and conditions of the documents match the terms and conditions in the loan approvals prior to release to borrower for execution. The Document Review group will be involved twice in the loan documentation process: 1st prior to execution of documents (verification of the terms of the loan documents against the Credit Request (CR) and due diligence / compliance checks) and 2nd prior to boarding and funding (verification of signatures and collateral documentation). This is the final control point to ensure that all required documents have been properly executed, funding conditions have been met prior to closing and that approval and other supporting administrative and compliance documents are still within BOW established aging guidelines. This is the senior level in this job family and is responsible primarily for the most complex loans including, but not limited to Construction, Syndications, loans externally prepared by outside legal counsel, and loans with complicated changes in terms.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Responsible for completing the review of the loan documentation packages within the predefined service level agreement to ensure accuracy. This includes the review of the Credit Request (CR) against the business terms, covenants and conditions contained in the loan documents.
- Ensures that any special conditions, terms or requirements imposed by higher approval authorities have been complied with.
- Confirms that Credit Request (CR), flood, OFAC and any other due diligence are still valid.
- Ensures that the final executed loan documents meet the terms and conditions of loan approval, reviews boarding package and approves boarding and funding of the loan.
- Logs all activity related to the document reviewer function for loan process tracking.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge within a specific discipline typically gained through extensive work experience and/or education.
- Requires 7 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management skills
- Expertise in: rules, regulations and policies concerning banking services, particularly with commercial lending and related documentation
- Deep understanding of: types of borrowing entities; organizational and entity documents; commercial loan processing/credit administration procedures, the organization, the industry and regulations; real estate requirements in all states where BOW is doing business
- Expertise in: preparing or reviewing commercial loan documents; loan accounting software; documentation imaging software and documentation preparation systems
- A good understanding of reviewing Attorny documents preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think independently and apply sound judgment in making decisions that mitigate the risk profile.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Business / Commercial Banking