At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the facilitation of complex product, upmarket and international cash management implementation activities for domestic and foreign based clients. Serves as the primary client contact to oversee all aspects of the implementation including but not limited to: onboard products and services, coordinating with internal and external business partners, developing and managing project plans, hosting weekly status calls, and day to day problem resolution. Develop and maintain a strategic international cash management implementation process through coordination with product management and Bank of the West parent company. Direct report to the Head of Cash Management Implementation.
Essential Job Functions
- Detailed understanding of international cash management product functionality and implementation processes. Manage complex Cash Management onboarding requests for the Upmarket and Multinational segments with expertise on all core domestic and international product offerings. Able to educate clients of the expected process and deliverables to onboard products according to bank specifications and client expectations.
- Superior communication and presentation skills. Liaison for cash management sales to develop presentation material and custom solutions to prospects. Present international implementation solution in conjunction with cash management sales to prospects. Create and present sample project plans and custom onboarding PowerPoint decks that educate prospective clients about the onboarding journey from inception to transition to Commercial Customer Service.
- Work with internal business units; including, Commercial Relationship Managers, Cash Management Sales and Product Management to share client feedback about current product limitations to develop future product enhancements. When applicable identify product customizations to overcome current product limitations.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert to constantly evaluate Implementation project and process methodologies to improve performance, reduce cycle times and update desktop procedures.
- Experience overseeing complex projects using MS Project and fundamental project management skills. Methodology includes managing bank and client deliverables, prepare project decks using MS PowerPoint, provide written updates to internal and external stakeholders and host recurring touchpoint calls to provide C-level clients and Senior bank management with project updates and escalations.
- Display effective communication skills with sales, service and relationship management throughout the implementation process to ensure transparency with project statuses and to provide a smooth handoff to Commercial Customer Service upon completion of the implemented products.
- Acts as liaison with all internal and external business partners in the opening of new cash management and depository products and services. Task to include monitoring and following up on outstanding deliverables along with escalating to appropriate departments to overcome delays.
- May act in the capacity of a manager in absence of department manager. Responsibilities to include assisting with work distribution to other Implementation Advisors and management of exception requests such as rush submissions by sales. Duties require ability to analyze capacity of advisors and dictate realistic product setup duration expectations for exception requests.
Other Job Duties
- Provide product and procedure training for new and existing Implementation Advisors to develop their onboarding skillset. Provide real time coaching and feedback to assist junior level advisors ability to overcome implementation obstacles and provide better client experiences. Assist unit management with performance assessment on junior staff members.
- Represent the Cash Management Implementations department with the development of new or enhanced product offerings. Coordinate system testing, revise or develop desktop procedures and provide staff training to educate team of product changes.
- Adhere to Bank’s security and audit procedures as well as industry rules and regulations. Assist CM Implementation and Department Management in creating new unit policies and operational procedures.
- Update tracking systems and submit pipeline status reports. Provide proactive transparency to internal stakeholders of the project statuses and obstacles using new and established reports and tracking systems.
- Work effectively with senior management and business intelligence staff to identity, develop and implement process improvement and risk reduction initiatives to improve Implementation performance and client satisfaction.
- Perform new client training on CM products and services, via telephone and in-person, as required.
- Represent CM Implementation on Division and Bank-wide working groups and task forces to address achievement of Grow West initiatives and goals.
- Manages large and/or complex treasury management projects.
- P4 - 7 yrs Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management.
Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience in cash management with 2 years inclusive in international Cash Management Implementation preferred.
- Seasoned cash management product and services expert who can perform duties with minimal direction or training.
- Experience with the installation/implementation of international and domestic cash management products and depository accounts
- Project Management experience.
- Knowledge of treasury banking services and bank loan/deposit operations
- Analytical and research ability
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Experience on CRT terminal
To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West may require all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status, and employees who are not fully vaccinated may be required to undergo regular testing.
Annual Hiring Range:
The base salary opportunity can vary based on candidate’s geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Benefits: Visit https://www.bankofthewest.com/about-us/careers/benefits.html for benefits information.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.