At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst is responsible for taking a lead role in ensuring that the Information Technology (IT) policies, procedures and practices align with IT & Cyber Risk requirements.
Drive development of new capabilities supporting alignment to the BNPP IT & Cyber Risk management framework, raise IT & Cyber Risk awareness amongst IT and Bank staff members and improve management awareness of IT & Cyber risk through enhanced measurement and reporting
- Analyze risk assessments, document process improvements
- Coordinate and support IT in implementing any Operational and Technology Risk and Control assessments, programs or initiatives.
- Identify and report/escalation alerts on issues related to Governance, Compliance, and Operational Risk.
- Contribute to any Operational and Technology Risk and Internal Control and statement/reporting.
- Work in close collaboration / liaise with Operational and Technology Risk and Audit teams (2nd and 3rd lines of Defense, and contribute to 1st LOD governance structure and operational practices.
- Develop ad-hoc reports supporting the risk profile for IT processes.
- Advise senior management and influence a process change.
- Educate risk owners on risk management best practices and work with other risk functions in the development and implementation of risk controls
- 7+ years’ experience in information technology, information security, risk management, auditing or compliance.
- CISA, CRISC, CIA, CPA, CISM, CISSP or other related risk and control certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with GRC (governance, risk, compliance) methodologies, tools and enablers in the financial services sector
- IT and financial services industry experience required
- Experience writing and managing IT policies and procedures throughout their lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills including MSOffice (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Visio) and Sharepoint preferred
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to deliver quality work product in a timely fashion in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with a focus on quality, completeness and accuracy
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Understanding of various compliance and regulatory areas (e.g. FFIEC, GLBA, CCPA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.