At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for Onboarding applications. Works closely with business to clearly understand the business problem, and the development team to understand the application in detail. Proposes solutions that consider the impact from a functional and technical perspective, clearly articulating the pros-cons. As an effective negotiator will effectively bridge the gap between business requirements and technical solutions.
Essential Job Functions
- Understands the applications from both a functional and technical perspective. Does not need to code, but should understand the underlying design including the database.
- Understands the KYC compliance policies and implications.
- Evaluates the business requirements; understands the priority based on impact; analyzes in depth the underlying problem statement.
- Works with Development team to come up with solutions. Drafts and proposes solutions clearly to business giving clear impact analysis, pros and cons.
- Creates the Functional design document.
- Demo prototypes.
- Coordinates with QA to write test strategy and test cases.
- Leads the User Acceptance Testing.
- Works with PM and DevMgr for creating plans.
Other Job Duties
- Maintains up-to-date policy and procedure documentation including periodic testing to ensure adherence of all policies and procedures.
- Ensures proper coordination between assigned staff and all interfacing business units.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of business analysis and project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Database skills – able to create SQL queries and analyze data
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in new product, application change, and new systems implementation processes.
- Knowledge and technical skills in systems management, technologies, integration of distributed and mainframe systems for centralized control and optimization.
- Administrative/technical Skills.
- Analytical and research skills.
- Bank product and service knowledge is a plus.
- Develop policies and procedures.
- Effective negotiating skills, innovative, team player.
- Presentation skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance