At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for documenting business, functional and data requirements for assigned projects and regulatory reporting/compliance. Collaborates with business partners, stakeholders, and technology partners to develop and implement plans for key BSA/AML initiatives. Prioritizes systems changes across BSA Investigations, CTR, and OAG. Ensures high impact business solutions are implemented. Ensures testing and provides functional guidance to working teams. Develops schedules and corresponding functional/data requirements for subsequent implementation/execution phase. Integrates with key stakeholders and working teams to provide guidance on regulatory requirements for compliance.
Essential Job Functions
· Responsible for relaying information to the Technology and Project Management Office (PMO) team in easily understood terms for both technology and business.
· Liaise with the business, development team and technology on an ongoing basis. Responsible for effective communication to all business partners and users to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to implementation.
· Evaluate data gathered from multiple servicing and other source systems reconcile differences, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to understand and distinguish optional user requests from what is required.
· Conduct user acceptance testing as it relates to the technology solutions.
· Work independently with users to define concepts under the direction of reporting manager.
· Advises and leads in the planning and implementation of projects and strategic initiatives for the business unit/department.
· Drives business team members to define business needs through utilization of effective elicitation techniques.
· Evaluates data gathered from multiple sources, reconciles differences, and ensures consistent approaches, data interpretation, and results measurements are employed.
· Primary liaison with business partners, development team and technology. Acts as the "Subject Matter Expert" (SME) and provides business knowledge as needed.
· Identifies, integrates, and manages required internal and external resources to provide business solutions for groups most complex business issues, while able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously. Develops and implements detailed project plan.
· Will form part of a project team and will be expected to interact with the team on a daily basis.
· Will report to a manager in Compliance.
· Initiates the design and implementation of the operational and technical aspects, from the business perspective, of the project plans and develops and supports programming requests to meet project goals through discussion with project stakeholders.
· Oversees test and project task development and implementation.
· Evaluates and provides written and verbal updates on project status.
Specific to BSA Operations:
- Project Monarch – meet daily with PMO, IT and model dev on implementation plans and UAT; oversee and identify issues with UAT and escalate as needed for ‘triage’
- eRCM BAU – prioritize eRCM (case management system used by BSA Ops) changes across HRCU, Investigations, CTR and OAG. Formalize and enforce SDLC process. Ensure we are putting into production the ‘high impact’ business fixes.
- Robotics Process Automation (RPA) project – provide business resources to help with time/motion study, documenting the process for data gathering, work directly with Grow West team to implement Bots for pulling in data; daily triage/issues escalation.
- Actimize improvements – work directly with vendor when they are on site in April to identify how we can use eRCM more effectively. Identify quick wins, determine process for implementing changes; document training/procedure changes
- Investigations feedback loop – identify and document potential business control issues/trends that emerge from investigation cases which expose the bank to risk and require remediation; meet with LOB to define issue and action plans.
Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
Requires 7 years of minimum business analysis experience, including demonstrated experience in BSA/AML and regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Systems, or related degree
Field of Experience – Job-specific knowledge requirements
An ideal candidate will have-
• Strong SQL skills
• Some experience in retail and wholesale banking and a working knowledge of Bank's loan products.
• Very good understanding of software delivery lifecycle with focus on requirement management and business analysis.
• Experience in process mapping / process flows / process modeling required.
• Strong attention to detail and experience in representing complex issues based on comprehensive analysis in a holistic and understandable manner
• Prior experience working with large implementation projects.
• Must have solid organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines with quality results.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.