At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Forward-thinking and driven.
- Loves to innovate and build
- Excited about the opportunity to work with smart people on sophisticated challenges.
- Inquisitive, enjoys dissecting and tackling hard problems (the more complicated the better)
- Able to go fast, which means you have good intuition when it comes to prioritizing your workload and using your time wisely.
- Lead the scrum team through development and testing for their assigned stories leading to the deployment of a new feature and new tools.
- Facilitate the teams sprint and release planning, daily standups, sprint demos, and retrospectives.
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Collect and prepare metrics such as the team’s capacity, velocity and burn down rate on an ongoing basis. Communicate status of project within and across departments. Ensure project status is accurate, comprehensive, and proactively addresses issues and risks, and is published according to plan
- Work with various stakeholders (Product owner, Business Process owner, Designers, and Support team) to coordinate business and technical activities to deliver digitization solutions
- Facilitate scoping, process walkthroughs to fully understand customer/employee problem statement and needs
- Plan schedules, and guide/direct squad to ensure deliverables are completed within agreed timelines.
- Manage or conduct other scrum events as necessary
- Create Test plans and perform functional testing as required
- Manage scope changes and communicates impacts and secure approvals as needed
- Regularly communicate accurate information to stakeholders and senior leadership team including project sponsors as needed
- Lead knowledge transfer and project lessons learnt session for fine tuning and improving best practices
- Determine KPIs or reporting requirements for automated processes
- Adhere to ACR guidelines and Compliance training timelines as established by bank
- 7+ years’ experience working on enterprise applications as business analyst or technical project manager
- Prior RPA, Appian and Filenet experience strongly preferred
- Experience in software delivery using Agile methodology
- Banking experience and good understanding of banks business processes strongly preferred
- End-to-end project delivery experience
- Technologies exposure:
- RPA tools such as Blue Prism
- Low code BPM tools such as Appian
- Jira, Confluence,
- Behavioral: Client facing skills
- Be able to influence in decision making or course correcting actions
- Determine underlying needs of client beyond what is stated or initially expressed
- Applies insight, originality or a broad perspective to propose or generate possible solutions
- Behavioral: Communication skills
- Presents with confidence both to individuals and to group
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proactively shares ideas and information in a synthesized and simplified manner to diverse audience
- Business: Business knowledge
- Knowledge in project management and agile methodologies
- Applies bank standards to deliver quality automations and digitization solutions
- Skills to create Requirement document, Test plan, review Tech design documents and any supporting docs as needed etc.
- Transversal: Manage Implementation of projects/POC/support
- Ability to plan, anticipate changes and roll out digitization projects
- Ability to handle risks, delays in timelines and issues/challenges with implementation
- Transversal: Adaptability
- Ability to develop and adapt to different Business partners/various actors during course of digitization solution implementation
- Ability to develop new processes or adapt to existing processes
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.