This position can be located in San Diego
or Orange County Area
At Bank of the West, our people are
having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can
make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship
programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for
sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is
taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and
strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting
the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank
for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help
our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Bank at Work (BAW) is a program and sales channel focused on new consumer
relationship acquisition. The Bank at Work Relationship Manager is responsible
for Bank at Work program implementation, effectiveness and sales results within
an assigned territory. Sources Bank at Work companies through prospecting/cold
calling, branch and business partner referrals, centers of influence and
personal network. Conducts sales presentations, follows up to enroll companies,
and schedules onsite account opening sessions and financial education events at
enrolled companies. Works closely with branches to achieve consumer
acquisition/account opening, campaign, cross-sell and other related goals.
Provides training and sales coaching. As the BAW subject matter expert, conduct
program training and provide coaching for assigned branches.
Essential Job Functions
- Prospect and sell BAW program to sourced companies
within assigned territory.
- Coordinate with enrolled companies and local branches
to schedule consumer account opening events (a/k/a "onsite") and
employers place of business.
- Conduct financial education seminars and activities
with enrolled participants and prospects.
- Develop and manage a pipeline of BAW company prospects
through business development efforts (prospecting, cold calling,
referrals, business partners, centers of influence, personal network).
- Provide training and coaching to assigned branches on
BAW program, sales effectiveness/techniques, and presentation skills.
- Provide ongoing relationship management to maximize
sales of bank products and services to employees with enrolled companies.
- Develop and implement sales plans; utilize BAW and Bank
marketing and collateral materials effectively; monitor BAW results
reporting and tracking.
- Provide input and feedback to improve BAW program; may
conduct competitive shops, research and gather intelligence about similar
programs at other financial institutions.
Other Job Duties
- Manage expenses and travel costs effectively.
- Complete all assigned training in a timely manner (by
required completion/due date)
- Participate in Division, Region, Area or Branch
Meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained
through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Marketing, Finance or
- 7 yrs related banking sales experience required
- The Bank at Work Relationship III is an senior level
position for this sales channel.
- Based on education and experience, this position is
generally for those with experience in a BAW program/business development
role with financial services experience and therefore supports a large
- As a Senior BAW Relationship Manager, may supervise
other BAW Relationship Managers and assist with training, development and
onboarding of junior BAW Relationship Managers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal
employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status
protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action
employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject
to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-La JollaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Sales