This position can be located in San Francisco, or San Ramon, CA.
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We celebrate a strong diverse team-oriented
culture rich in collaboration, partnership and career advancement. We
offer a comprehensive benefits package, career growth, and an immediate 6% match
on our 401K plan and 100% vesting on day 1. Job Description Summary
Bank at Work (BAW) is a program and sales channel focused on new consumer relationship acquisition. The Bank at Work Relationship Manager is responsible for Bank at Work program implementation, effectiveness and sales results within an assigned territory. Sources Bank at Work companies through prospecting/cold calling, branch and business partner referrals, centers of influence and personal network. Conducts sales presentations, follows up to enroll companies, and schedules onsite account opening sessions and financial education events at enrolled companies. Works closely with branches to achieve consumer acquisition/account opening, campaign, cross-sell and other related goals. Provides training and sales coaching. As the BAW subject matter expert, conduct program training and provide coaching for assigned branches.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Prospect and sell BAW program to sourced companies within assigned territory.
- Coordinate with enrolled companies and local branches to schedule consumer account opening events (a/k/a "onsite") and employers place of business.
- Conduct financial education seminars and activities with enrolled participants and prospects.
- Develop and manage a pipeline of BAW company prospects through business development efforts (prospecting, cold calling, referrals, business partners, centers of influence, personal network).
- Provide training and coaching to assigned branches on BAW program, sales effectiveness/techniques, and presentation skills.
- Provide ongoing relationship management to maximize sales of bank products and services to employees with enrolled companies.
- Develop and implement sales plans; utilize BAW and Bank marketing and collateral materials effectively; monitor BAW results reporting and tracking.
- Provide input and feedback to improve BAW program; may conduct competitive shops, research and gather intelligence about similar programs at other financial institutions.
- Manage expenses and travel costs effectively.
- Complete all assigned training in a timely manner (by required completion/due date)
- Participate in Division, Region, Area or Branch Meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Marketing, Finance or similar
- 7 yrs related banking sales experience required
- The Bank at Work Relationship III is an senior level position for this sales channel.
- Based on education and experience, this position is generally for those with experience in a BAW program/business development role with financial services experience and therefore supports a large geographic territory.
- As a Senior BAW Relationship Manager, may supervise other BAW Relationship Managers and assist with training, development and onboarding of junior BAW Relationship Managers.
#LI-LH1Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San FranciscoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Sales