Solutions Sales works to support the origination of Strategic Equity Solutions transactions, including convertible bonds, corporate equity derivatives, and equity-backed margin loans. Global Coverage includes Europe, LATAM, and Asia. The team works closely with Relationship Bankers, Financial Institutions Coverage teams and the ECM team to uncover opportunities and help promote the firm’s brand in the Americas. Remaining up to date with market developments, maintaining and growing professional skills by participating in mandatory training and taking advantage of the firm’s development opportunities are crucial to our success.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
* Results and Impact
o Impacts division and influences peers and team
o Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
o Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
o Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
* Leadership and Collaboration
o Creates trust with department leaders
o Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
* Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
o Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
o Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
o Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
* Compliance Culture and Conduct
o Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
o Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards
* Support the origination of Strategic Equity Solutions transactions, including convertible bonds, corporate equity derivatives, and equity-backed margin loans
* Be a proactive team member by anticipating the needs associated with strong client coverage and deal execution
* Be responsible for client interaction associated with daily deal execution with share buyback and swap amendments and share settlements
* Work closely with Relationship Bankers, Financial Institutions Coverage teams and the ECM team to uncover opportunities and help promote the firm’s brand in the Americas.
* Coordinate with peers in Europe, LATAM and Asia to provide seamless global coverage and exchange information in real time about markets and clients.
* Address client needs in an open and responsible manner, while achieving client confidentiality and applying the highest standards of compliance and ethics.
* Remain up to date with market developments, maintain and grow professional skills by participating in mandatory training and taking advantage of the firm’s development opportunities.
* Be an active contributor to the EQD Strategic Equity business Unit (meetings, sharing best practices, cross border transactions origination and execution)
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience in equity derivatives & equity-linked (convertible) origination
- Good technical understanding of Convertible Bonds, Equity Derivatives products and margin loans
- Collegial attitude focused on both individual and team production
- Impeccable conduct and respect for a strong compliance culture and regulatory framework
- Bachelors Degree
FINRA Registrations Required:
Series 7, 63, 57, 79
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
The expected starting salary range for this position in New York is between $120k and $200k annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
The bank employs nearly 6,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose - to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World - https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.