Software Integration Officer
Want to work with us to help the shift towards a more sustainable world?
Do you love technology and enjoy implementing business critical digital solutions?
Then come join our department (tribe) Functions of BNP Paribas Fortis. We are based in the center of Brussels and organized in teams of a dozen of people each (called squads), partnering with departments as varied as Human Resources, Housing & Sourcing Services, Communications, Compliance, Legal, Tax, Finance, Liquidity Management, etc.… and implementing their business needs through in-house development or software package integration.
We work in Agile methodology to ensure we stay close with the customer’s need, deliver fast, adapt quickly and continuously improve as a team.
- You will be a contact point for some applications for which you will learn the functional features and be able to analyze the impact of new changes due to the business needs or the lifecycle management of underlying platforms
- You will coordinate with the team and other IT departments using the Agile methodology, in order to get a solution packaged, tested and deployed.
- You will manage incidents on production-running software: determine the causes, escalate to proper teams, follow-up and close tickets in the agreed timeframe.
- You will look for solutions, do custom scripting and/or develop (or coordinate development of) integration layers necessary to allow third-party software to be deployed in our environments.
- You will perform and coordinate testing activities and promote DevOps practices, pushing for continuous improvement in documenting, simplifying or automating activities.
- You will fully comply with IT processes for requesting, testing, deploying software, as well as IT best practices and methodologies.
Highlight your strengths
- Your skills in the areas of business, behaviour at work and multidisciplinary working
- You have at least 3 years of experience doing system engineering, system administration or package integration and deployment on Microsoft Windows based architecture (client-server, web applications, database-interfacing, Cloud-based, etc…)
- You have at least 3 years hands-on experience working with IT infrastructure elements that are essential to provide a distributed digital solution, application servers, Cloud, databases, API’s, …
You can express yourself fluently, orally and in writing, in English and you understand either French or Dutch (or both!)
You must have command of the Windows Operating Systems and how to integrate with it, how to provide basic services as connectivity, security, software packaging and distribution, monitoring, etc.
You must have experience with interfacing with a modern DBMS like SQL Server or Oracle, as well as some knowledge or interest in developing ETL – Extract Transform Load flows to interface with these databases
You will stand out if deploying web applications (e.g. on IIS) and the DevOps toolchain are also things you have knowledge about, as well as scripting capabilities (e.g PowerShell)
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for well-being and team performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to attract and retain all talent, whatever their gender, age, background or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether they are living with a disability, as every person has their own experiences and their own identity. Together, let's build the innovative, responsible and sustainable bank of tomorrow. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work on an 80% or 90% full-time equivalent basis.
Tempted by the challenge?
Interested in this role? Apply online.