About BNP Paribas Group:
“BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships”.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
The Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) program structured at the U.S. level across poles of activities of BNP Paribas provides guidance, supports the analysis, impact assessment and drives adjustments of the U.S. platform’s operating model due to the drastic changes introduced by the Enhanced Prudential Standards (“EPS”) for Foreign Banking Organizations (“FBOs”) finalized by the Federal Reserve in February 2014, implementing Section 165 of U.S. Dodd-Frank Act.
Core Banking Data Management IT is responsible for servicing IHC Finance and Enterprise Data Management Functions as well as other sponsors, articulating business/reporting/data management needs and defining the appropriate technology solutions.
Software Engineer - OFSAA
15th Oct 2019
Business Line / Function:
Manager, Data Management and Transversal Services
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The role is for an individual with strong experience in OFSAA. The individual will be required to work with OFSAA team within BNPP ISPL for development and maintenance activities planned for the subsequent releases. The individual is expected to have good analytical and technical skills and is able to work independently as well as within a team.
- Work with OFSAA development team to implement the OFSAA and DB objects.
- Write technical specs related to this implementation
- Work closely with other development teams and other DB architect and developers to set up interfaces and procedures by following the best practices / conventions within the team (including peer code review).
- Help deploy application to UAT and production environments, and handle bug-fixes and implement possible system redesigns during these periods.
- Consult with users, management, and technical personnel to clarify business requirements, identify problems, and suggest changes / best practices.
- Write / analyze functional requirements, then propose reporting solutions to them based on BNPP standard systems. Write technical specifications and perform workload and risk analysis related to these solutions
- Maintain and support existing applications, and participate in user trainings.
· Involve and provide inputs for preparing the timelines for monthly release
· Provide solutions to complex problem
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Technical Competencies –
- Implementation experience with OFSAA solutions.
- Data warehousing Implementation with dimensional data modeling skills on at least one of the following databases : Oracle, MS SQL-Server, DB2
- Understanding of standard n-tier systems architecture systems processes and principles
Configuration and operation of Web application servers (WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat) is an added advantage
- Ability to read and edit Unix shell script files
Ability to read and edit XML and properties files
- Experience with Unix (Solaris, Linux, AIX) operating systems and associated hardware platforms and peripherals
- Working knowledge of Oracle databases and data warehouses
- Strong Programming work experience in PL/SQL
- Understanding of dimensionality and normality database concepts
- Understanding of system security principles, specifically around user authorization and authentication methods and technologies
- Strong customer interaction skills and the ability to assess a client’s IT processes and strategies. In addition, must be able to lead clients through the process of integrating the OFSAA suite solutions into their operational environment.
- Mature, self-starting, self-motivating, and capable of making decisions independently
Desirable/Nice to have :-
- Exposure to any of the following tools Informatica, Datastage, Abinitio, Oracle BI Tools, PL/SQL Server BI tool set, Business Objects, Cognos, ERWIN
- Good understanding of Databases (Oracle, DB2, Exa Data)
- Working knowledge of job scheduling products such as AutoSys and ControlM with Oracle database.
- Knowledge of any of the Web Servers like Websphere, Weblogic etc
- Exposure in BFSI Domain.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
Behavioral Competencies –
• Good Communications Skills.
• Good team player and ability to work independently.
• Ability to interpret / write specs and Understand the requirement
• Proactive and Teamwork oriented
• Flexible attitude, Ability to perform under pressure
• Commitment to quality
Specific Qualifications (if required) OFSAA
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)