BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The Change & Solutions Americas organization works closely with BNPP’s executive management and senior leadership to design and implement high-level, strategically important projects, and shape the development of the Bank in the region (US, Canada, and Latin America). The team delivers value across the CIB Americas and Bank of the West platforms through an integrated and agile approach with deep international interconnectivity across departments, and a strong focus on servicing internal clients.
Change & Solutions Americas delivers change-the-bank initiatives including strategic planning, business development, operating model transformation, process reengineering, and advanced analytics (i.e., Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning). These initiatives cover the full change management value chain from strategy to implementation.
The Analytics Lab falls under the Change & Solutions and industrializes data driven and AI opportunities in the Americas. The team uses a deep analytical approach and state of the art machine learning techniques on the bank’s unique datasets to maximize the understanding of customers, enhance products, services and operations.
The team is highly collaborative internally and with clients across the Bank. Engagements can span multiple business lines, functions, and/or regions within various BNP Paribas entities enabling employees to build a strong network upon which to build their career.
The software development engineer will working alongside developers and ML engineers to design innovative solutions and improve end-to-end software involving ML models. This role aims at providing scalable frameworks for greedy data pipeline. It also brings performance and resiliency focus to the work developed by the data science team:
- Design, develop, maintain and support production grade applications to host state of the art machine learning algorithms
- Diagnose and resolve performances related issues with in-house application software
- Coach and train ML engineers on best practices and methods to improve the lab final products and the overall client experience
- Ensure deliverables adhere to the Continuous Improvement/Continuous Delivery framework as well as automated testing
- Facilitate internal validations (IT, Risk, Compliance), deployment and application support.
- Provide knowledge on technology trends advising on potential benefits and impacts.
Minimum required qualifications:
- Master’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Optimization, Software Engineering
- 2+ years of relevant work experience including development and support of production environment
- Proven ability in system design and development of complex applications
- Expertise in several programming languages (Python, C/C++, Scala, GoLang) database tools (Oracle / SQL) and distributed processing (Spark)
- Experience with source control and release management (Git)
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) and CICD deployment
- Positive, energetic, flexible and self-motivated team player with strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency to interact professionally
- Very strong work ethic and ability to deal with confidential information
- Ability to go beyond existing frameworks by suggesting new ideas which are suitable for clients and/or the organization
- Experience implementing and supporting applications encompassing machine learning
- Experience with distributed data framework/processing and GPU computing
- Experience with graph database and computation
- Previous mentorship experience is a plus
- Agile to quickly adapt to new situations and conduct projects in a fluid work environment