At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
By taking the business requirements will need provide the available technical solutions and articulate the pros/ cons and risks of different solutions. Though the business domain knowledge contributes to the end to end software application including design, development, testing and deployment in a fast paced agile development environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Understands and Implements CICD automation tools. E.g., Kubernettes and Ansible
- Provides multiple technical solution alternatives for the business requirements
- Builds solution alternatives and conducts reviews with the business and technical representatives; drives consensus between them
- Must have some banking / fintechs domain knowledge to understand the business needs / user stories and converts these into technical solutions
- Understands and builds CI/CD pipelines
- Implements PoC based on the business needs and conducts the detail assessment sessions
- Leads small to medium sized business feature sets
- Supports other team members in design, coding and technical reviews
Other Job Duties
- Implements application logging and monitoring framework using tools such as Splunk
- Implements Single-sign on with 3rd party applications using technologies such as OAuth, JWT, SAML etc.
- Coaches junior team members
- Expert in packaging applications with Docker
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.