At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for reviewing and making informed decisions on assessing moderate to complex commercial loans. Advance expertise on commercial loans.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Requests and evaluates all financial statements (business and personal tax returns, fiscal year-end and interim statements and personal financial statements). Identifies recurring and non-recurring income/expenses. Comprehends all schedules, notes, and K-1's. Understands and adjusts for differences between cash and accrual accounting methods. Analyzes related documents including; receivable aging, purchase agreements, invoices, lease agreements, brokerage statements, etc.
- Identifies credit strengths, weaknesses, industry risk, and anomalies that lead to further investigation. Prepares thorough credit summary and communicates decisions in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with Business Banking Officers and Branch Staff, communicating the reasoning for a particular decision, serving as an expert credit resource answering questions and providing guidance on financial matters, collateral, and loan structure.
- Identifies problem loans and subsequently determines potential restructure and credit enhancement opportunities in the interest of either retaining the asset as a performing loan or recommending a transfer to Special Assets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- In-depth working knowledge of information and data processing systems.
- Proficient in evaluating business and credit reports.
- In-depth working knowledge of Bank of the West Policy and Procedures.
- In-depth understanding of various regulatory compliance policy and procedure including but not limited to Fair Lending, OFAC, Flood, Regulation O, etc.
- Meet and/or exceed our Service Level Agreement commitment.
- Proficiency in MS Office and other system applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient organizational skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Greenwood VillageJob Type: Full-timeJob: Small / Mid Business