At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing the day to day operations of a team of Small Business Relationship Managers as well as developing and retaining a dedicated portfolio of profitable and high potential business banking relationships with annual revenues generally up to $10 Million. Portfolio/Relationship management duties include partnering with Business Banking Officers, Branch Managers and other bank employees to retain and grow current business banking relationships. Independently interprets and provides recommendations and solutions unique to each client's specific banking needs. Responsible for developing the assigned credit portfolio quality and managing requests for credit extensions and ensuring credit facilities are properly structured, priced and documented.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Manages and directs a team of Small Business RM's in order to attain the defined goals of a relationship scorecard. Provides tactical coaching on achieving defined goals.
Responsible and administering human resources activities, including hiring, terminations, performance management, promotes sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation.
In addition to managerial duties, the position will be the primary contact for a portfolio of business banking clients. Focuses on client retention and growth by providing consultative advice and solutions to enhance and expand the client's entire banking relationship including deposits, loans, cash management, capital markets, wealth management, equipment leasing and trade finance.
- Understands client's business practices and interprets the operational risk to the bank. Reviews client's accounts and is responsible for approving operational risks associated with the relationship; including NSF/OD's, fees and transaction items for their entire team.
- Maintains and applies a thorough understanding of the Bank's credit policy, client eligibility and all necessary business practices to ensure the submission of accurate and complete loan packages. Works closely with underwriting teams to analyze and structure new credit requests, renewals and annual reviews. Obtains financial statements, tax returns and other credit information. Interviews loan applicants to interpret information regarding their business needs, earnings and repayment abilities to assist in determining if a loan is an acceptable risk.
- Attains an understanding of client's objectives and strategies. Maintains a thorough understanding of business operating cycles.
- Generates new business to the Bank through referrals from the assigned portfolio.
- Stays aware of developing industry and market trends and actively researches and participates in the industries that make up the assigned portfolio.
- Maintains assigned annual and quarterly goals for revenue growth, new business development, customer service and portfolio maintenance.
- Ensures job duties are performed within established bank controls, risk and audit protocols.
- Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank. Ensures compliance with bank CRA programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Typically requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Admin, Finance or Accounting
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Comfort and familiarity with commercial lending principles.
- Understanding of bank policy and procedures.
- General understanding of small and medium size companies.
- Understanding and knowledge of bank products and services.
- Analytical, credit and negotiating skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- PC skills including knowledge of Touchpoint and other bank systems as well as MS Office Suite.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Greenwood VillageJob Type: Full-timeJob: Sales and Sales Related