Job Description – ISPL CIB IT Architecture- Senior Technical Lead
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
- CIB Architecture & Digital is a global team of technology and domain experts whose mission is to help optimize value across the full IT lifecycle. Our extensive range of services are designed to support CIB teams from early stage experimentation all the way through to Production. These services ensure that projects align with CIB strategy, principles and standards, and comply with Group policies.
Senior Technical Lead
Business Line / Function:
ISPL CIB IT Architecture
Principal Technical Architect
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Current position is under ISPL CIB IT Architecture team to work with the Incubation Team within ‘Technical Architecture & API First’ team, to design, build & enhance enterprise applications. The role may include performing PoC or participate in quick technical assessment of emerging technologies.
- Lead the entire application development lifecycle including design, estimation, planning, development, unit test, release and implementation support
- Able to work independently with various stakeholders (Application Owner, Business Analyst, APS Manager) to understand business requirements and design end-to-end solution (including Infrastructure components)
- Control and maintain the quality of the developments (norms & standards, frameworks, source control, technical reviews, code reviews)
- Contribute / review the technical design & specifications
- Responsible for managing & reporting technical risks
- Contribute towards innovation; suggest new technical practices for efficiency improvement.
- Contribute towards recruitment efforts for the team.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Proficient in understanding architecture solutions for complex enterprise applications.
- Good experience in technical analysis of n-tier applications with multiple integrations using object oriented, APIs & Microservices approaches.
- Strong knowledge about design patterns and development principles.
- Strong knowledge in Core Java, J2EE, Spring framework, Spring Boot, Hibernate/JPA
- Strong knowledge in RDBMS / SQL with Oracle or SQL server or Postgres.
- Development experience of MVC Architecture based web applications, including creation of RESTful APIs.
- Good experience in Troubleshooting & Performance tuning using any profiling tools e.g. Dynatrace, JProfiler etc.
- Experience in Security topics such as IDP, SSO, OAuth2, OpenIdConnect
- Working experience with build tools like Maven & DevOps tools like Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, SonarQube
- Good exposure to Messaging middleware like IBM MQ or RabbitMQ or ActiveMQ
- Good knowledge on Linux/Unix environment (basic commands, shell scripting, etc.)
- Ability & willingness to learn & work on diverse technologies (languages, frameworks, and tools).
- Self-motivated, good interpersonal skills and inclination to constantly upgrade on new technologies and frameworks.
- Good communication and co-ordination skills
Nice to have Skills:
- Good knowledge on front-end technologies preferably Angular.
- Working exposure to API Gateway preferably APIGee
- Good knowledge on containerization & orchestration tools
- Knowledge on Software methodology practice – Agile Methodology & SCRUM practices
- Knowledge/experience on No SQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra), Kafka.
- Some exposure to Caching technologies like Redis or Apache Ignite.
- Exposure to financial domain.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)