About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
IT Payment Services department is the worldwide reference for payments in the BNP Paribas Group. We are working on the many applications used worldwide using various technologies and working in Agile methodology. In addition, there are several services to deliver direct value to the bank’s customers.
Senior Software Engineer
Business Line / Function:
Payments and Cash management
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
This position is for technical lead on Java technologies for Retail Digital Services for BNPP Group.
- Work in an agile environment by participating in tribe’s agile rituals in the "agile at scale" organization.
- Work with Product Owner, Business Analyst, Technical leader and Solution Architect to implement the application and participate to its enrichment
- Interact and contribute with our developer’s communities of the IT Payments Services Department and more broadly of the IT sector within BNPP Paribas worldwide
- Effectively communicate work and delivery status
- Adhere to timelines set for delivery
- Open to new technology adaptation, learning and implementation within the project.
- Exposure to working with onshore teams (European teams will be desirable)
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- 4-6 years of IT Development / Maintenance experience
- Expert knowledge of Angular and Java
- Web communication: XML, JSON, RESTful Web service/Micro-services and Micro Frontend
- JAVA EE, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring framework
- Web : html, css, scss, typescript
- Experience in core java 8, 11 and advanced java (JDBC, Collections, Serialization, Memory management, multi-threading).
- Database knowledge- PostgreSql, Oracle
- Good understanding of GIT, Maven, Sonar
- Exposure to build and deployment automation tools like Jenkins
- Experience or Good understanding of Docker & Kubernetes,
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Bachelor Degree or equivalent