BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Business Area/Dept Overview
Stock Loan and Borrow (Client facing) – Financing. Stock Loan and Borrow (SLAB) sits within the Financing stream of Prime & Services pillar which is part of Global Markets (GM) IT.
Purpose & Scope of role
The role is embedded in a technology team, Glasgow based but will work with colleagues in all main locations globally namely London, New York, Paris & Lisbon. The remit of the team is to deliver a suite of software products in a challenging technical environment (S3, Spark, Kafka, .Net , Angular …) used to manage the stock loan business (pre trade functionalities, inventory management & optimization) and deliver functionality to clients of the bank. Responsibilities include, understanding requirements, analyzing workflows and data processing, designing and delivering appropriate fully working software solutions.
The holder of this role is an expert in modern UI development practices and actively seeks to maintain a current up to date set of skills.
In this role there is an expectation to produce UI designs and develop them into fully working systems. The role demands that quality is made a core part of the teams work practices. The individual should be self-directed, willing and able to work in a hybrid working model. Mostly working from home with occasional days in the office being flexible as rules change. Using a variety of chat and video systems for communication. Jira and Confluence are also heavily used.
The role demands superior communication and presentation skills. and Confluence are also heavily used.
The role demands superior communication and presentation skills.
Key Responsibilities of role
- Focused on developing software solutions for the stock loan business.
- Set, drive and review quality practices for the development team.
- Partner with the business to deliver appropriate solutions.
- Define and coordinate UAT process; identify and escalate risks and issues to the Project Manager. Be able to resolve many blockers with no escalation.
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
- Expert in developing software components using modern development practices. Scrum based SDLC. High levels of monitoring and automation of the processes.
- Expert in wire framing techniques.
- Expert in UI design and implementation using a variety of technologies.
- Expert in automated software testing techniques.
- Used to managing deadlines, and conveying information on risks and blockers to the project manager.
- Able to resolve blockers when presented to the team or find an owner who can resolve them.
- Knowledge of the Prime and Stock Loan business useful or to be acquired on the job.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present and defend solutions with the global team.
- Expert understanding of architecture principles.
- Engages with the banks development community and the wider development community to validate and seek out good solutions.
- Appreciates that good quality software improves user community trust and drives down cost. Able to seek out high quality practices.
- Angular 2
- Web packaging stack
- Angular CLO
- Karma + Jasmine(Jest)
- Java back end or at least an awareness able to debug etc.
- Intellij or Visual Studio Code.