At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader
supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are currently seeking qualified, motivated talent to be responsible for coordinating, developing, and managing reports presented to Senior Management and Board level Committees; controlling workflow activities and deadlines; and maintaining, organizing, and gathering information. Collaborate with management and business partners to identify key messages and objectives of the report. Develops report contents, manages the review cycles, and supports Senior Reporting Analysts to ensure timely submission of reports.
The candidate will function as a Subject Matter Expert in an area of focus for credit risk reporting. This position is heavily analytical, with additional project-based activities to enhance efficiencies between reporting cycles.
In this role you will:
- As the Subject Matter Expert for credit risk reporting on Consumer and/or Commercial portfolios, creates, distributes, and manages multiple Senior Management and Board level reports.
- Develops and executes procedures to ensure all reports and supporting documents are completed accurately and within required timeframes.
- Plans and maintains the schedule and workflow for multiple reports and administrative tasks.
- As data needs evolve over time, develops business requirements to ensure business needs are met, and drives user acceptance testing and documentation
- Partners with subject matter experts to extract, filter, and aggregate data using logical queries and basic programming. Constructs data metrics, statistics, and analyses. Provide trend analysis through the data analysis.
- Synthesizes and articulates analysis through strong written narratives complimented by graphical representations.
- Supports enhancements to functionality of spreadsheets and databases, including use of forms, templates, and logic functions (e.g., risk assessment tools).
Other Job Duties
- Between reporting cycles, actively participate in and provide ideas for projects to improve efficiencies. Manage projects and/or small teams to support new initiatives or other automation efforts.
- Provide ad-hoc data querying and analytical support by developing queries to extract, analyze, and communicate results through narratives and graphs.
- Assists with communication between business units, department leaders, executive leaders, and committees to ensure proper approvals and submission of reports and supporting documents.
- Train and mentor staff members to gain an understanding of the data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Experience with SQL, SSRS, and Crystal Reports preferred.
- Experience with complex banking concepts and risk management concepts.
- Experience working in a monthly/quarterly reporting cycle environment highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/finance or equivalent combination of education and experience - Required
- Strong management and control of work flows to produce deliverables within required timeframes and quality standards.
- Good knowledge of project management and Microsoft Office tools.
- Working knowledge of Relational Databases
- Strong verbal, written, and inter-personal communication skills.
- Ability to problem- solve and swiftly resolve or escalate issues to senior staff when needed.
- Strong eye for design and understanding of layout flows and infographics.
- Ability to condense information and transform technical data into easily understandable concepts.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Risk Management