In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas has a presence in nearly 80 countries with over 180,000 employees. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Institutional Banking.
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with 9,000 employees and a presence in 14 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture.
Within CIB (Corporate and Institutional Banking), the Business line Global Markets is recognized universally for its expertise and its know-how.
DRIVE team is at the heart of Global Markets (GM) and Asset/Liability Management & Treasury (ALMT), playing a critical role in enabling new business and projects across Global Markets / ALMT, contributing to alignment between Front Office and Functions, as well as being the architects (end-to-end) of the Global Markets / ALMT Value Chain.
The team hosts 2 main mandates:
• The Project Leads for vertical (front-office to accounting) or transversal (across several business lines or users groups or locations/entities) projects during all its life cycle (from design to completion). The team leads projects initiated from the APAC region or leads the regional stream of Global/non-APAC projects.
• The end-to-end experts to assist the business in the design and review of their new business initiatives and exceptional trades and to represent IT, Operations and in some cases Finance, at new business approval committees: Transaction Approval Committee (“TAC”) and New Activity Committee (“NAC”).
The key interactions are with the project sponsor, Front-office and all the functions (Operations, IT, Finance, as well as Compliance, Legal and Tax) mainly within GM or ALMT business lines but we also step in at some occasions on projects involving Corporate Banking, Wealth Management or Securities Services.
The team reports hierarchically to the GM APAC Front Office COO and functionally to the CIB APAC Program Office head.
Team Leads are leaders and coach of Project Managers within DRIVE. They combine the knowledge of project Management practice by managing the most complex projects the team has to handle (supported a team of other project manager if needed) and leading a team a DRIVE project managers on top of their own projects.
This hands-on approach is a true benefit for the project managers at all levels within the team and allows the Team Lead to develop managerial and leadership skills.
A Team Lead manages a team of Project Managers as well as at least one project directly and reports to the relevant regional head of DRIVE.
The role of Team Lead encompasses the following:
• Lead the most complex projects with an adequately sized team for that project so to protect management time for the team. • Coach / mentor the resources within the team; advise and define training plans for team staff; reassure, give confidence and boost the morale of her/his coachees.
• Manage the capacity of the team:
• For perm staff, anticipate moves, source good potential replacements and help team members to find new positions, with the support of line management.
• Source external consultants or contractors when required.
• Pro-actively forecast and arrange backup to avoid key man risk and disruption of delivery.
• Perform staff appraisal.
The Team Lead key interactions are with regional heads of Business Lines (GBL) and related management teams, business managers and management of functions (ITO, Finance, Compliance….).
Technical and Behavioral Competencies
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager with Global Markets business-focused end-to-end change management experiences in the financial services or consulting environment:
• 10+ years of experience as senior project manager
• successful previous management experience with proven coaching abilities
• Good In-depth knowledge of Front Office to Finance processing chains and understanding of capital markets products
• Ability to interact appropriately in a non-hierarchical framework with a variety of stakeholders including SME from Operations or IT, business and senior management
• Comfortable operating with a strong level of autonomy and/or under pressure
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• ability to think outside the box and to deal with novelty
• Strong written/verbal communication and reporting skills
• Strong team working and interpersonal skills
• Organized and delivery-focused, with attention to detail
• Proactive, proposing or taking own initiatives to prevent risks / issues
• Solid work ethic and high level of motivation
• Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point)
• Fluent in spoken and written English, Mandarin and/or French a plus