BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 35 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 30 September 2019, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 11.491 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.759 trillion in assets under administration and 10,491 funds administered.
We offer a full range of Middle Office services to asset managers and asset owners. We are one of the leaders in Middle Office investment operations and partner global buy-side clients across Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Processing and almost real time reporting via our follow-the-sun model is supported by our operational centres in Europe, the US and Asia
The IFSO Middle Office Operational Business Transformation function exists to provide subject matter expertise & operational business change capability services into the Middle Office portfolio of projects budgeted for in any given year.
We aim to create an environment that thrives to transform our business. We ensure that we provide a seamless integration of all changes directly affecting global Operational teams within Middle Office, we strive to protect and transform business operations supporting our clients and ensure all changes are operationally ready and fit for purpose.
Programmes, Projects and change initiatives within the remit of IFSO MO Operational Business Transformation include the following;
- Client Change Requests
- Client Implementations/Onboarding of new business
- Efficiency drivers including Operational Enhancements
- Product Development
- Regulatory changes
- Strategic and Technical Projects.
The support provided includes provision of skilled resources to undertake projects including:
- Project Managers
- Business Change Specialists / Subject Matter Experts
Within the Investment & Funds Services Operations division of Client Delivery, the Global Middle Office proposition covers Transaction Management, Reconciliations, Cash Management, Data Accuracy, Derivatives, Corporate Actions and Income services.
The Senior Project Manager would lead multiple concurrent projects with content possessing relevant Middle Office domain expertise. The role holder is expected to lead projects through technical design, gather support and buy-in from, they would be expected to operate with a high degree of autonomy and possess an ability to translate complex business problems in project design and execution.
The successful candidate will have a global remit to work collaboratively across locations and functions to enable the design and execution of multiple concurrent projects and will lead multiple teams through the transformations of varying size and complexity to meet the Global Middle Office operational and strategic objectives
The role will focus on operational efficiency based projects and initiatives derived from the Middle Office Operational Business Transformation Portfolio of Work. The role will ensure the overall program of work is delivered to agreed bank standards.
- Project Manage all project related tasks across the full system life cycle. This includes the effective project management of but not limited to analysis, initiation, planning, execution, control and monitoring and closure tasks.
- Acting as a Champion and as an example in terms of promoting and abiding by BNP project management approach, principles and methodology.
- Status tracking and reporting, Issue Management (including workshops when required), Managing actions, Dependency Management, chairing/attending Governance meetings and when required escalation to Senior Management.
- Maintain all project management documentation to required internal standards.
- Project budget control and accounting
- Completion of all necessary processes and procedures to promote projects into the production environment, including the management of deployment dates, plans, sign-offs, migration planning, training plans and contingency / back-out plans.
- Project and portfolio tracking, control and reporting directly in line with the MOO change principals and methodology. To include management of risks, issues, dependencies, actions, budget tracking, change control and regular reporting
- Supporting the executing associated Change Management tasks related to the portfolio, sub portfolio of projects or change initiatives.
- Where appropriate, project tracking, control and reporting – to include management of risks, issues, dependencies, actions, budget tracking, change control and regular reporting
- Effective project change control and Risk management
- Project delivery plans to time and budget as approved by the Project Steering Committee, Sponsor or project plan.
- Where appropriate working with IT in managing vendors and or clients
- Collation of materials, chairing and the project documents and internal / external meetings
- Manage client change and client relationships
- Participation and representation of BNP Paribas Securities Services at regular client update meetings
- Dealing with all levels of the organisation from developers to senior sponsors
- Work with teams across all Global Middle Office locations
- The role holder will be expected to lead projects for large, highly complex, multi-product, multi-location events, utilising extensive experience built up in the industry and the role, facing off to senior executives at the client and considering the commercial dynamics in decisions made and solutions proposed.
Competencies required for the role:
The successful applicant will be required to demonstrate the following attributes to be considered for this role:
- Delivery focussed Senior Project Manager
- Experience of our business more specifically Middle Office Fund Administration / Accounting Operations such as Asset Servicing (Income & Corporate Actions), Transactions Management (Treasury, Trade, Derivatives and Cash Management), Reconciliations and Reporting.
- Client facing experience (preferred)
- Ability to deal with all levels of the organisation from developers to senior sponsors
- Collaborative approach and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive a solution through to completion
- Experience of completing a full system implementation (preferred)
- Experience managing vendors (preferred)
- Team player
- Ability to manage a team, good leadership ability and ability to build a team
- Project Management Qualification, PRINCE 2 or PMP
The role may require some travel to BNP Paribas locations (usually London).
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Proven track record for project delivery
- Financial industry experience preferably Securities Services
- Strong negotiating skills
- Client facing experience
- Knowledge of the development lifecycle
- Experience of a full system implementation
- Experience managing vendors
- Project Management Office experience
- Project Management Qualification
- Experience of vendor packages used within BNP Paribas (such as Hiportfolio, XSP, Tradeflow, Multifonds)
As an employee with BNP Paribas Securities Services, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 9%, private healthcare and GP service all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance and so in addition to the core benefits you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits including dental cover, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.