In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships. .
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
The role of Senior Procurement Manager (IT) - APAC is the active facilitation of the end to end procurement process from definition of needs and identification of potential suppliers, through to selection of suppliers, negotiation of terms and contracts, management of supplier risk, supplier relationship and optimization of external spend for IT categories, all in compliance with BNP Paribas APAC Procurement Policy and Guidelines. In addition, this role has to build strong partnership with key stakeholders to ensure the appropriate level of influence over Procurement activities to all Métiers and Functions and bring cost and process efficiency and develop category strategies.
Interaction with COOs, CFOs, Business and Function Managers, Global Procurement buyers and suppliers. A subject matter expert with full responsibility of managing the assigned category
• To coordinate and facilitate the procurement of external services and goods on IT categories in particular the Data Center, Telco, Voice, Network Connectivity, It Consulting within Asia-Pacific region, develop and manage regional or local supplier relationships with the aim of constantly improving service quality vs. cost at acceptable level of risk.
• To develop regional and local category strategies aligned with the global category strategy
• To ensure the Bank’s procedures are followed in negotiating and awarding procurement contracts.
• To support the implementation of Global agreements within the region.
• To work with regional and local Business and Function Managers to ensure awareness of conditions of agreements so that compliance can be monitored.
• To build partnership with regional and local Business and Function managers to ensure Procurement’s appropriate involvement in negotiations with suppliers in general within all Métiers and Functions across all sites in APAC region.
• To mitigate risk associated with related procurement contracts in conjunction with Legal Department.
• To involve Group buyers in the negotiations and awarding of relevant procurement contracts within APAC Region that can benefit from global agreements.
• To regularly report expenses, projects status with associated quality improvement/savings that have been achieved within the region.
• To identify potential supply related risks with mitigation plan and contribute to procurement control framework.
Performance Measurement Criteria
• % of expense in which Procurement has involvement
• % of expenditure in APAC covered by regional or global contracts
• Reduction in costs (based on BNP Paribas Group’s methodology for like-for-like comparison)
• Cost avoidance versus initial supplier proposals for new contracts
• Cost avoidance versus requests by suppliers for price increases for goods and services
• Satisfaction levels of internal clients
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Ability to manage stress gracefully and multi-task within restricted time constraints;
• Attention to detail and investigative and questioning nature;
• Diplomatic, excellent interpersonal skill – can work well with all level of people;
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, project management/planning skills and result-oriented;
• Good team player and able to work independently as self-starter;
• Multi-cultural dimension and adaptable way of working;
• Leadership, strong influential skill and ability to manage complex business environment and issues;
• Strong negotiation and supplier relationship management skills;
• Subject matter expertise of end to end procurement and category management and a working knowledge of compliance, finance practices, legal, regulatory and tax related to Procurement in key markets such as Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan and Singapore in the region.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Certified Procurement professional such as CPM, CPSM or CIPS is a plus;
• Excellent written and spoken English and good command of Mandarin
• Minimum 10 years’ procurement experience in IT category, 5 of which in a senior procurement role ideally in banking/financial industry;
• Bachelor degree. Masters degree is an advantage