At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The Senior Portfolio Risk Analyst is responsible
for internal risk function for the Small & Medium Enterprise (“SME”). The responsibilities
include preparing management reporting, forecasting, variance analysis and
performance measurements for the Enterprise. The Senior Portfolio Risk Analyst also
facilitates and participates in periodic portfolio reviews for the various
Divisions of the Enterprise. Additionally, the role may perform ad hoc analysis
of specific credit transactions and portfolio segments, provide financial
information for executive management as needed and provide support for other
various special projects, including merger and Reports to the SME Portfolio
Risk Control Manager acquisition-related activities. The position has access to
confidential information regarding the Enterprise's clients and personnel.
Essential Job Functions
- Monitors classified credits (to include special mention
and weakening pass-graded accounts) and prepares monthly report at Group
- Monitors delinquent loans of the Group and provides
reports to Division Executives.
- Monitors large lending relationships
- Will manage the Group's Portfolio Management database.
- Performs analysis of portfolio-related issues by unit,
division, industries, and commodities in the various markets of the Group.
- Attends all Special Assets status meetings on
- Attends all Inspection exit meetings on the various
units of the Group. Provides assistance in the coordination and
facilitation of the planning process for the Group.
Other Job Duties
- Knowledge of the lending markets, bank product areas
and bank systems
- Thorough knowledge of commercial lending with
experience as a commercial lender, risk officer, senior loan examiner
and/or credit administrator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience in
Banking, Database/Reporting, or Risk Analysis/Management
- Required technical skills: Microsoft Office with
advanced knowledge in Excel and Access, SQL, SQL Server, Oracle, OBIEE,
Tableau, and PowerBI
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Customer service oriented.
- Able to manage multiple deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational prioritization skills.
- Works independently.
- Handles multiple tasks in fast-paced environment with
- Strong personal responsibility for quality of work,
including accuracy, reliability, completeness and timeliness of
information and reports.
- Solid judgment, tact and diplomacy.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Overland ParkJob Type: Full-timeJob: Risk Management