BNP Paribas Real Estate National Development & Planning Team (incorporating Strutt & Parker), is recruiting for a Senior Planner to join our Scotland team. As a Senior Planner, you will work closely with the Head of Planning and the wider Commercial Development team to ensure full continuity of service and advice to clients.
The successful candidate will be split between our Central Belt offices (Edinburgh/Glasgow) and will be required to travel throughout Scotland, primarily within Central and East Scotland, with scope to “hot desk” in other BNP Paribas Real Estate/ Strutt & Parker Offices across Scotland and the UK.
As a Senior Planner / Associate Director, you will be expected to deliver an existing pipeline of planning applications and strategic land promotional work, as well as developing instructions through your existing networks.
Being part of the National Planning Team of a Global business you will have the opportunity to optimise new business and cross-selling opportunities by working closely with the Commercial, Investment, Valuation, Residential Agency and rural teams.
- Undertaking initial site appraisals and assessments and advising on development potential of assets;
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams in preparing, submitting and negotiating planning applications at both local and major scale;
- Leading the Section 69/75 processes to secure planning permission;
- Preparing and submitting planning appeals and applications for Listed Building Consent;
- Promoting land through the strategic planning process on behalf of landowners, house builders, promoters and investors to secure allocations;
- Maintaining a database of legislative changes and amendments,
- Monitoring progress of all national, regional and local planning frameworks across Scotland;
- Business Development;
- Financial and project management.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Professionally qualified MRTPI
- At least 5 years relevant post-qualified experience ideally in a consultancy/advisory role
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent IT skills including use of regional and local planning policy and up to date knowledge of legislative changes in the Scottish planning system
- Experience of environmental assessment either through the SEA or EIA processes
- High quality consultancy skills including report and proposal writing, presentations and general communication
- Confident written and verbal communicator, able to present ideas and recommendations to clients clearly and effectively at a high level
- Must be able to work in a team environment and able to manage competing demands and prioritise tasks for themselves and others with the key aspect being to meet clients’ expectations
- Personal motivation to develop individual and team profile and reputation in the marketplace for providing the highest quality of advice
The benefits package will include a minimum of 25 days annual leave (with the option of purchasing up to 5 additional days via flex benefits), private medical cover, long term disability insurance, interest free season ticket loan, private GP service, group income protection, eye care vouchers and pension. You will also be eligible to participate in the Company’s bonus scheme.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, colour, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and membership to Stonewalls Diversity Champion Programme.