What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing syndications portfolio that have been escalated due to complexity of resolution. Research syndications portfolio, including coordination, maintenance and oversight of loan processing and documentation. Acts as the operational expert and addresses issues to ensure they are resolved in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Use this position for functional areas that have been identified as risk sensitive such as loan boarding and processing and positions that function as an interface/liaison between lending functions and the internal clients.
Essential Job Functions
- Prioritizes and stipulates escalation to ensure visibility and closure.
- Resolves production problems and identifies potential process improvements
- Acts as a liaison between team and internal clients
- Have a working knowledge of Agented processing
- Works on procedure updates and improvements
- Responds to various operational issues of the highest complexity within the loan processing and documentation area.
- Analyzes complex problems and delivers solutions where precedent may not exist.
- Partners with management and staff and lead one or more projects
- Anticipates and identifies areas for improvement and recommends solutions.
- Participates in appropriate performance-management related tasks.
- Resolves highest level escalated issues from internal and external customers.
- Maintains an expert level knowledge of unit policies, procedures, standards, and workflow.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting Preferred
- Operational knowledge of syndicated lending
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of regulations and guidelines
Annual Hiring Range: $64,000 - $119,000
- In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for annual incentives.
- The base salary opportunity can vary based on candidate’s geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
“To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West may require all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated may undergo regular testing”
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.