Lawyer – m/f/x – Senior Legal Counsel Digital Banking
BNP Paribas Fortis is the leading Belgian company in the financial sector, and is determined to reinvent itself to be the bank of tomorrow.
Joining us means being part of an organisation that strives to be a different kind of workplace, encouraging each person to be agile, creative and innovative. An organisation that offers ‘New Ways of Working’ and stimulates ‘Cross Collaboration’ to constantly improve our effectiveness and power of innovation. Interested in ‘Agile Working’ and creative collaboration? Perfect, because that's exactly how we work! We are convinced that this is the most effective and quickest way to implement our projects and to excel so that we are always able to offer innovative solutions.
To face the challenges of tomorrow, we must take the right action at the right time, be flexible and adapt quickly. The secret? Continuously grow and develop. Each employee is encouraged to make progress every day and regularly build on their skills.
Willing to push the boundaries with us for a more sustainable world?
In an environment where legal and regulatory changes are becoming more and more frequent and complex, the Legal department is more important than ever. Are you passionate about the newest trends in digital banking, electronic payments, eCommercie, data protection, intellectual property law and computer law? You are a real team player? Perfect, since the Legal department is looking for a new colleague to join the Legal Digital Banking team in Brussels.
The team provides pro-active and quality legal support for a wide variety of services and products we offer our customers. You will be working closely with other teams from Legal, Compliance, Tax, Marketing, Product Development, etc. The Digital Banking team consists of 9 highly motivated lawyers. Transparency, cooperation and engagement are essential values of the team.
Your future job
Your tasks consist of:
- legal support to the development of innovative products and services, as well as creating the contractual documentation;
- providing advice in relation to transactions;
- following up on the legal and regulatory developments and market practices in your area of expertise; and
- managing legal and reputational risks.
Highlight your strengths
- You have a Master's degree in law
- You have seven years of relevant experience in the financial sector or in a law firm.
- You are familiar with the latest technologies and the legal challenges these entail (a Master's degree in ICT law is preferred).
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English, both written and spoken.
- You are a team player
- You communicate fluently and convincingly, you are solution-oriented and do not lose sight of any potential risks involved.
- You’re prepared to travel in Europe exceptionally.
Your future workplace
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
By choosing us, you get
- a position in a Bank that has been certified as “Top Employer” by the Top Employers Institute during the last 8 years.
- a function working closely in cooperation with the Business, in a challenging and diversified working environment offering responsibilities.
- the possibility to enhance your legal knowledge and skills through various training opportunities.
- competitive wages in line with your profile and experience and a broad range of extra-legal advantages.
Choose BNP Paribas Fortis now and apply here.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!