As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
What is this position about?
Within BNP Paribas Hong Kong, the KYC Operations team’s is responsible for the KYC due diligence on the clients of the bank for onboarding or recertification.
The team supports the Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) business which encompasses diverse métiers and products.
The team is responsible for 3 main activities:
1. Execute the onboarding and recertification of clients of the bank in adherence to the Global KYC Policy
2. Align with internal stake holders to provide clarity on the KYC file during such process
Primary Role Responsibilities
- Ensure and delivery high standard of quality in the KYC files in adherence to the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure all processes executed during the final overview of the KYC files are delivered per predefined SLA.
- Liaise with Compliance, relationship managers and other senior stake holders for KYC approval.
- Arrange, prepare, document and facilitate CAC/eCAC towards the final approval for the KYC file.
- Ensure timely escalation and own proposed course of actions to line management to address identified risks and blocking points during such processes.
- Develop a good understanding of the overall KYC operations process and act as a subject matter expert to support the team
- Embrace continuous changes and challenges; handle various initiatives and ad-hoc projects as assigned by line management.
- Work in close and continuous collaboration with other team members and stakeholders to achieve predefined objectives and resolve any issues during daily tasks.
- Keep accurate track record of all assigned requests; from receipt through execution of requests.
- Major clients including Corporate Coverages, Commodity Finance, Investment Banking, Transaction Banking, Financial Institutional Coverages, Global Markets products [e.g. Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities Index Trading (CIT), CIT Metals, CIT Repo, and Commodities Futures Trading].
- Participate in various change management initiatives as directed by line manager to deliver changes/quality output with respect to operational processes, policies, data quality, regulatory mandates and the department’s strategies.
- Identify, analyze, report and explore proposed course of actions to line management in relation to production, changes in KYC policy and system issues
Technical & Behavioural Competencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Well-developed interpersonal, problem-solving and influencing skills
- Exhibit high willingness to collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- Solution driven
- University graduate, preferably with at least 4 years relevant work experience.
- Preferred relevant qualifications in AML.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to produce accurate and quality work under tight deadlines and minimal supervision.
- Good understanding of Corporate & Institutional Banking and Global Markets framework under International Financial Groups.
- Good understanding of Due Diligence and local Anti-Money Laundering requirements.
- Working knowledge in relation to Corporate Banking products [e.g. Cash/Deposit, Loan Syndication/Agency, Trade Finance, ECM/DCM, etc] and/or Global Markets products [e.g. Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities Index Trading (CIT), CIT Metals, CIT Repo, and Commodities Futures Trading].
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).